Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2020, 09:29 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
What did you pay for MB Sprinter service "B"?

I took my 2016 Sprinter chassis in for the airbag recall. While there I figured I'd have the service "B" done. My computer shows 2 wrenches service due in 5300 miles. Anyway the service rep said it is years or mileage so I need the 40,000 mile service B which replaces many filters, bleeds the brakes, changes the trans fluid, oil etc... cost? $2300!!! The highest price I've seen from others was around $1300 with many paying less. Can someone share their experience please. Maybe I'll take it to a Freightliner dealer.

I also posted this under "Class B"

Thank you in advance for any insight!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2020, 10:53 AM   #2

One of the reasons I got rid of my Sprinter. Out here, in Oregon, at an authorized MBS dealer, Schedule A service will run $1000 - $1500 and Schedule B will be (generally) more than $1500 but less than $2500. Some dealers out here are now selling "Scheduled Maintenance Plans" where for X amount of dollars, all services are included and generally save a lot of money on both Schedule A and B services.. We were in getting an airbag recall done, was offered the plan - said we'd think about it, and then bought a new Class A that afternoon so never pursued further. My friend bought the plan and is very happy with the cost and service. Something to ask about.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #3

I had the A service done in WA at about 14,500 miles - I had just changed the oil (for the 2nd time) so they deducted for that and the final charge was about $225. I was a little irked that they charged $6 to top off the wiper fluid.

I have an appt in a couple weeks for the passenger airbag recall and to get an alignment done here in AZ. I suspect it will be close to $600 for the alignment (needs to have the camber bolts installed).
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
One of the reasons I got rid of my Sprinter. Out here, in Oregon, at an authorized MBS dealer, Schedule A service will run $1000 - $1500 and Schedule B will be (generally) more than $1500 but less than $2500. Some dealers out here are now selling "Scheduled Maintenance Plans" where for X amount of dollars, all services are included and generally save a lot of money on both Schedule A and B services.. We were in getting an airbag recall done, was offered the plan - said we'd think about it, and then bought a new Class A that afternoon so never pursued further. My friend bought the plan and is very happy with the cost and service. Something to ask about.
Wow, "A" ran you close to $1000! I only paid a little over $300 for A but I can't believe the quote I got yesterday of $2300 for B. I bet Amazon pays much-much less.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
After declining the B service quote of $2300 and picking up my vehicle... Per the maintenance booklet all I need is an oil change and a water separator, that's it!
Old 02-20-2020, 03:10 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy View Post
After declining the B service quote of $2300 and picking up my vehicle... Per the maintenance booklet all I need is an oil change and a water separator, that's it!

The above is wrong: I need the transmission oil (then good for 80K more miles) and filter changed, the oil and filter/separator changed and the brakes fluid changed. That plus some minor B items and my total comes to about $1300 at a freightliner service CTR.

Tags
service