Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If you're level you don't have to worry about an egg sliding across the skillet, onto the counters, and then on to the floor.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
If you're level you don't have to worry about an egg sliding across the skillet, onto the counters, and then on to the floor.
alvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:05 AM   #17

We also have a sailboat, so we have "sea legs". I don't mind the rocking at all, I just wasn't sure if it was important for mechanical reasons. Thanks...
fadorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:38 AM   #18

If the food stays in the pan you are fine. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #19

Not as important for the fridge as it used to be... the newer fridges are happy with a quarter bubble showing in the freezer compartment.

We decided against the levelers on this newest unit as it saved over 400 pounds in weight, and over 1200 dollars in cost.

We only used them once in the old motorhome, as we usually park in campgrounds with level sites. The one time we weren't level would have been solved by a piece of board under the right front wheel.

I guess if you dry camp in fields and forests a lot, the levelers would be handy, but the extra cost, weight and maintenance just wasn't worth it for us.

We keep the bubble level where I can see it from the drivers seat (pre-leveled to the freezer compartment), and then just park when it's right.
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
on the new CCC on new "c" its 500 lbs more but here is the kicker 450 on frt only 50 on rear, now how to add to frt as most storage in rear. so if slides watch out
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Must be lucky, thought I would miss the jacks when we down sized from 40' to 30' last spring. Truth is 7000 miles since purchase and nearing 100 nights, many one night stands getting places. We have needed leveling three times. I do level by looking at the site then maneuvering for best level. A little off on on subject, I grabbed an app for the smart phone for leveling FREE works good.

LEN
Old 04-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I put the manual Bigfoot levelers on my 31' c about 3 years ago. We always level with them every place we go and usually still end up needing boards since the jacks are not tall enough to get me level, but I place my camper in the place where I want it not the levelest place on the site! Wife and kids sleep better with less movement...so dad gets more sleep that way too! I would not buy one without them again. Takes me about 3 to 4 mins to level and less to take down.
beeker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
When RV is not moving the modern absorbtion cycle RV refrigerators (this is the non-residential kind that can run on propane) needs to be within 3 degrees of level front to back and within 6 degrees of level side to side. If the refrigerator is operated more out of level than that when RV is not moving then permanent damage to the refrigerator cooling system will occur and the refrigerator will stop cooling the interior of the fridge. This absorbtion type of refrigerator does not have a compressor to circulate the refrigerant and it's natural circulation cycle gets blocked if the fridge is out of level. When vehicle is moving the movement helps maintain refrigerant circulation even when RV is going up or down a grade worse than 3%

www.arprv.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #24

FWIW use blocks or jacks to get your unit that far off level and try wandering around in it. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #25

Another advantage is that you will have another item that will eventually fail which while working you can lean coach towards the leaky slide out room which has the torn topper.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #26

I'm like beeker6, would not be without my HWH levelers. Bad back & knees causes anything other than power levelers a problem. Also DW appreciates the better atmosphere/attitude while setting up.
jrwpin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling