Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm bias towards Itasca! :0) We ordered ours back in 2011 and it was the first one off the line for the 2012 model year. We made a long trip with it and the Jeep this summer for 2 weeks from VA to ME with 4 adults and 2 kids, and 2 thousand miles. The Ford v10 is a BEAST and we haven't had any issues thus far, We Love it (is it Spring yet?!?!?!). Good luck in your search.
CbtEngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2014, 01:14 PM   #16

We have a Four Winds Siesta on Triton, now just over three years old and touring UK and Europe.

Love it !!
Larryhuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #17

We looked at them all and chose a 2013 Dynamax Dynaquest 340 XL 8 months ago. It has exceeded all of our expectations. Loving it.
Bulabarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:39 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look at Jayco before you by anything
68SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SILVER View Post
Look at Jayco before you by anything
For sure. They are a well established company with zero debt.

I would LOVE to be able to swing a new Jayco Seneca on the Freightliner chassis and Cummins ISB 6.7.

Now, I currently own a HR Endeavor with the 5.9 Cummins and, as nice as this unit is for what I paid, I really do like the idea of a full truck front end and a super accessible engine bay. The specs say it has rear air suspension. Does not say about the front!!

Anyone know the design of the front suspension?

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Old 04-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #20

And don't forget Leisure Travel Vans Sprinter based Class C units. They are made in Manitoba Canada and their quality is truely outstanding. US dealer network is rather small, but they do show at all major RV shows. We purchased their murphy bed model, which has a large rear bathroom, and a large u-shape dinette. Just lower the dining table top, push a button, and a queen bed comes down, with all of the bedding already in place.
joeframer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #21

four winds 31 f

with 6.0 gm vortec
mikhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Steve View Post
Check out the lineup from Nexus RV. A fairly new on the scene company that is building some of the best quality C, B+ and Super C's out there. Framed in steel, one piece fiberglass roof and end caps, heated tanks, Azdell instead of plywood, top of the line appliances etc..
I have been thinking very seriously about getting the Nexus Phantom 27 or 29ft. They sure look good to me. I would like to see one before jumping in which is difficult since I am in Az and Nexus is in IN. However, I found out that they now have a showroom in Temecula, CA which is about 460 miles from my home. So I will more than likely make an appt and drive to their showroom. The Nexus rep is there once every two to three weeks so an appointment is necessary.
It was nice to see your post regards the Nexus. Do you own one?
carol o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #23

Mine!
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #24

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol o View Post
I have been thinking very seriously about getting the Nexus Phantom 27 or 29ft. They sure look good to me. I would like to see one before jumping in which is difficult since I am in Az and Nexus is in IN. However, I found out that they now have a showroom in Temecula, CA which is about 460 miles from my home. So I will more than likely make an appt and drive to their showroom. The Nexus rep is there once every two to three weeks so an appointment is necessary.
It was nice to see your post regards the Nexus. Do you own one?
Carol, we have a 2012 Phantom 23P that I was lucky enough to find lightly used (6,200 miles), right here in Tucson. Where in Arizona are you? If nearby I would be happy to do a "Show and tell" session for you. Seeing is believing and we love ours.
Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #25

How nice you are to offer. Hmmmm maybe we will come to Tucson towards the end of this month. We are in Cottonwood which as you know is maybe 200 miles from Tucson.
carol o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #26

Hello:
We were looking at the 2014 Dynaquest model just like your 2013. We keep reading that so many RV's have a horrid firs year. What do you think about the customer service and well it is made for the high price? We are first time buyers and plan to use it for vacation, a few long trips and some short excursions. None local in Salem Oregon so we have not been able to see one or test drive. Is it noisy in the cab?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Racemosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
I used "RV Comparison Guide" by Randall Eaton. It's probably the most comprehensive rating guide you'll find.

It features Class A, Class C, Fifth Wheels and Travel Trailers.

I think this is a must have for anyone seriously considering an RV.

Don
2014 Coachman Freelander 26QB
Don1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #28

I have a TMC model 22E like the one you asked about. It's been a good experience but not without some issues. No problems whatsoever with the chassis. All the coach items were repaired under warranty without any problems. It just went out of warranty and wouldn't you know another repair is needed. Seepage from the black tank waste gate valve. This is my 3rd RV and none of them have been without issues including 2 Jayco products.
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, motorhome