Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #57

The other thing I don't like about Class C is the limited counter space. I made an extension but still is limited.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2020, 02:13 PM   #58

Hi JONWisconsin, Good information on your 30 amp usage. Exactly the information I was looking for. I was hoping when you opted for two AC's they'd move you up to 50 amp automatically but not so! Don't even offer it as an option so it must be a weight thing someone mentioned?

I know what you mean about kitchen counter space in the 311FS, it's a little on skimpy side. The 319MB looks just about right. But the tradeoffs are always there. You have that nice 12 cf refrigerator that would make anyone happy. I'm trying to decide if I want a large side by side or go with a more standard 8 cf with the pull out pantry? Always something, just make sure and have fun while you're making up your mind.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #59

Ford Super Duty Owner
Not much to not like about my C

I like almost everything about my Coachhouse Platinum except there isn’t anywhere to store a trunk, duffle or suitcase nor is there a hanging closet. The shirt closets are too short for my petite blouses. Finally, there isn’t anywhere to store shoes. We got twin beds. The head door swings to make a separate master. Really only sleeps 2 anyway.
LaPoodella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:37 PM   #60

I like most things in my Four Winds, but I do strongly dislike the drop-down battery trays which are for the motor (not the house)... they are near the entry steps but tucked up high...why couldn't they be in some sort of horizontal slide out in the same area as the steps?
Siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 12:40 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
Really didn't like driving it in the wind, getting passed by semi's, (both nerve wracking) no exhaust brake, 7mpg, minimal towing capacity, lack of storage, small tanks and the dinette was a total waste of space.
Did like the small size, turning radius.
So you had a diesel Class C that only got 7 mpg? What was it?

Charles
Old 08-18-2020, 07:08 AM   #62

I wish the nonducted ac was a bit quieter and wish the driver seat reclined a tad bit more ( bathroom in the way). My third wish would be to get 3 more wishes......I would use them for a new surf board and oceanfront camp spot!
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:08 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
I wish the nonducted ac was a bit quieter and wish the driver seat reclined a tad bit more ( bathroom in the way). My third wish would be to get 3 more wishes......I would use them for a new surf board and oceanfront camp spot!
That’s only two....
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #64

I did not care for the modifications that needed to be done to the front end to make it more comfortable to drive long distances. My class a was so nice to drive. Mfg. should put more into front end. Other than that the rig is great. It can and does run two ac units and frig. With no issues at all. Yes if you want to use the electric water heater at the same time you have to manage the amps. By turning off one ac till you have hot water. You could also just use propane to heat water. Not to hard to do. Safe travels.

Enjoy the journey
Old 08-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #65

WyoFree, the problem with the 319MB is that we couldn't have a washer/dryer installed. This is the reason we went with the 311FS. Counter top on the 319 MB is better.
Old 08-18-2020, 06:59 PM   #66

A few recent replies had me replying a second time.

Yes there are two things that I really don't like about our rig.

1) The a/c unit runs exceptionally loud, something everyone with a Dometic a/c rooftop unit would agree. It's worse with direct air flow, but even the ducted version is loud.

2) The handling of the rig was poor requiring additional money in suspension upgrades. Fortunately the extra investment took care of it quite nicely.
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #67

Hi JONWisconsin. I think the 311FS is probably one of the most sophisticated Class C's out there. The nice sized couch and huge U shaped dinette, 12 cf home style refrigerator, large bath with window and washer/dryer combo, with walk in closet in master is an incredible amount to ask for in a 32' motorhome of any kind. Coachmen engineers really got there stuff together with that design.

The two things I don't like is the step up right by the side of the oven to trip over and of course the folding bed. You guys obviously decided you can deal with those things because the coaches obvious other benefits.

I may be getting there as well because my kids don't see it as a deal breaker. They feel a washer/dryer even as a combo is a good idea. They feel not having to leave the coach to do laundry is a BIG DEAL! One thing is definite, no floorpan IMHO has more going for it as a self contained unit while having the creature features.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #68

WyoFree, I agree with your statements about the 311FS. That's why we got it.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #69

In my little C the biggest thing I don't like is the corner bed and how you have to climb over the edge; ie no walkaround. I think this is more than a fair compromise for such a little rig.
xrcris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:52 PM   #70

The "dream" dinette is gigantic but uncomfortable to sit at. The cushions are hard and all either flat or vertical so poor ergonomics. If there wasn't plumbing/electric under one bench and the water heater under the other one I'd probably have ripped it out already and replaced it with the recliner loveseat we bought for our old trailer.
We have to drive with the table lowered to the bed position for my son's car seat to fit and we're finding when we get to our destination it just stays that way and accumulates "stuff". I'm on the hunt for remodel ideas there but still on the fence since it'd negatively impact resale value if the time comes.

The folded bed actually isn't a huge deal for us. I found if I fold it and then flip it over so the seam is against the side wall I can still basically get a big couch out of it with the slide in.

Oh, the most recent thing I really started to dislike is the bathroom on the passenger side rear. Since the tanks are under it there's a 3" pipe running all the way across the very back of the coach from the black tank to the sewer port. It hangs lower than the drag bars welded to the end of the frame. I lightly bottomed out once so far on a driveway apron causing the pipes to partially pull out of both the gray and black tanks resulting in a fortunately slow but still gross leak from both until I could drain and flush both tanks, and re-seal and seat the connections.