Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 05:27 AM   #1

Who makes a high quality class C ?

I am in the market for a 30' class C for my wife and myself...we have been RV ing for over 50 years and dont believe most of the advertising from manufacturing blogs! WE want to buy a nice unit and would like it to have two roof A/C's, the new 7.3 Ford V8 and washer-dryer and if possible a 5.5 k watt on board generator. I try to read all the info on users experience with the available RV,s on the market.
Thanks for any help, Karl and Joyce. (old timers) in New Mexico.
dingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2021, 06:09 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Thor Quantum 29KW - Class C with Washer + Dryer

Can't vouch for the quality these days, but here is one of the few Class C units that offers a washer and dryer option with the other features you want.

MHSRV pricing is $139K on a 2022 Thor Quantum 29KW floor plan. Here is a link to one that has a few pics:

https://mhsrv.com/2022-thor-motor-co...-c-tx-i3004259
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:49 AM   #3

I was going to suggest you look the the longer Phoenix Cruiser models which include two a/c units, but they all have a 4000w generator. The second a/c unit is isolated from the generator. It only operates off shore power. Also, no PC's come with a clothes washer/dryer.

I think you will have very few E450 chassis choices with a 5500w and washer/dryer. The longest E450 rigs are already quite heavy, close to GVWR without them. You might have to resort to a class A to include all of your wish list including "high quality".
Ron Dittmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:04 AM   #4

"Who makes a high quality class C ?"

After scouring the forums for years now, looking to "upgrade" our current Class C, I'm not sure there is such a thing.

I think the best we can hope for, until the Japanese start making motor homes, is which manufacturer is the least worst. Or, which manufacturer's problems are the most acceptable and most repairable.

Of all the Class C's out there, this latest one has caught our eye, but, there are so few out there that there are no reports on quality yet :

https://www.rvshoponline.com/product...vrm-1502916-95
Old 11-26-2021, 07:42 AM   #5

Anyone, describe high quality..
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybitsko View Post
In the RV world……that might be an oxymoron.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeybitsko View Post
Well, there is design and materials quality and then there is assembly quality. No one today is doing a good job of assembly quality with the labor shortage, although long time builders who have retained their trained workforce are probably doing better.

Design quality is layout, integration of the chassis manufacturer with the coach, etc. Materials quality is hardwood cabinets vs pressboard, better quality double paned windows, etc.

Poor assembly quality can mostly be overcome with a good PDI and a cooperative dealer or like myself, a knowledgeable DIYer. I have pretty well worked through all of the issues with my new Thor Axis.

But you are generally stuck with poor design and materials quality. Yes I would prefer better cabinets, windows, etc. But I wasn't willing to pay the price of a Tiffin or Newmar. And the layout of the Axis 24.1 is absolutely perfect for our needs.

David
DavidEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 12:33 PM   #8

Subjective Opinion about our Class C

I found the 2021 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige -our model is the 31 FP —to be very well made inside and out. We received delivery in April 2021 as promised almost literally to the day they promised delivery to the dealership. Our model would be tough to have a washer dryer installed however perhaps other models would work for you.

Driving is excellent, the problems with it have been minor like drawers not staying closed. Otherwise—as an example- when we ordered our model it came with a regular water tank. Jayco delivered it with a tankless water heater at no additional cost! That blew us away because we were set to install one as soon as it was delivered. Our cost with labor would have been about 1K at least.

I have been very impressed with the Jayco Greyhawk Prestige. It does not come with a washer/dryer but the finishes are really nice inside including a quartz countertop.

As the title says, that’s my subjective opinion but we’ve been very happy.
Caroljv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:40 PM   #9

In my opinion, high quality is in Coach House and Phoenix Cruiser models.
hpdrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrver View Post
In my opinion, high quality is in Coach House and Phoenix Cruiser models.
I agree with you but the OP is looking for a 30 footer which knocks out the Coach House.

Though Phoenix offer 30 footers with 2 a/c units, they come only with a 4000 watt generator which means one a/c unit is wired exclusively for shore power. While boondocking, you can only run one a/c unit.

I have read of a few Phoenix owners installing soft-start units inside their a/c units, and wire the second unit to the 4000 watt generator which allows both to run while boondocking, but that requires electrical rework and operational discipline.

Neither Coach House or Phoenix offers a washer/dryer unit and adding one later would surely require skilled creativity.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:02 AM   #11

The OP ‘s specific shopping list seems to be design reserved for Class A units. They presently own a 40’ diesel pusher.

Unless they’re willing to compromise on a few things……I think all of their requests will be extremely difficult, if not impossible to find in a Class C.

Meanwhile……I’m watching from the sidelines.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingman View Post
I am in the market for a 30' class C for my wife and myself...we have been RV ing for over 50 years and dont believe most of the advertising from manufacturing blogs! WE want to buy a nice unit and would like it to have two roof A/C's, the new 7.3 Ford V8 and washer-dryer and if possible a 5.5 k watt on board generator. I try to read all the info on users experience with the available RV,s on the market.
Thanks for any help, Karl and Joyce. (old timers) in New Mexico.
Phoenix Cruiser does offer their 2552 Class B+ model with an option for 50 amp service and 2 air conditioners. However it probably can't be ordered with a washer and dryer, and it's probably too small for you. A "Class B+" RV also does not have a full size bed over the cab.

Click the Popular Options tab in this link to see the Phoenix Cruiser double A/C 50 amp option 2552 model (ultimately, a Super C RV may be what you should look for):
https://www.phoenixusarv.com/learn-m...oenix--cruiser
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Phoenix Cruiser does offer their 2552 Class B+ model with an option for 50 amp service and 2 air conditioners. However it probably can't be ordered with a washer and dryer, and it's probably too small for you. A "Class B+" RV also does not have a full size bed over the cab.

Click the Popular Options tab in this link to see the Phoenix Cruiser double A/C 50 amp option 2552 model (ultimately, a Super C RV may be what you should look for):
https://www.phoenixusarv.com/learn-m...oenix--cruiser
Per my previous reply, the second air conditioner in every Phoenix Cruiser is shore-power-dependent. The 4000 watt generator cannot support two air conditioners, and I think the bigger 5500 watt doesn't fit.

One of the OP's "other" requirements was the new Ford 7.3L-V8 Godzilla engine. I assumed he is thinking about an E450 van style chassis, but cannot rule out the "F" series pickup truck style.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dittmer View Post
Per my previous reply, the second air conditioner in every Phoenix Cruiser is shore-power-dependent. The 4000 watt generator cannot support two air conditioners, and I think the bigger 5500 watt doesn't fit.

One of the OP's "other" requirements was the new Ford 7.3L-V8 Godzilla engine. I assumed he is thinking about an E450 van style chassis, but cannot rule out the "F" series pickup truck style.
Ron, note in my link that the options list for the 2552 Phoenix Cruiser model sure seems to imply 50 amp service included in the 2-A/C version. Rare as this seems, they appear to be offering it.

Also, since PC builds the 2552 on the Ford E450 chassis, the OP will get the 7.3L-V8 engine in it - if the OP buys new.
Phil G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, quality