Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2020, 05:08 PM   #57

Before multiport fuel injection 3/4 ton pickups universally got 10 mpg empty. Getting 8 mpg in a 7 ton class c gasser is really good in comparison. If the new Ford V8 gets 10 in the C class, or a 25% increase in range and corresponding drop in $ for fuel people will complain its not getting 15 like the MB B class. Buyers need to understand the total costs of RV ownership so they get just what they need and can afford. A small TT towed by a 1/2 ton pickup is better than nothing and is very inexpensive when purchased used in good condition.
Marine Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #58

7.3 V10 on F5

I did have an ignition coil go out (it has one per cylinder I'm told) and that wasn't free to replace but in a v10 you can drag a cylinder behind you and still do an 800 mile round trip. With a v8 it would probably put you behind a tow truck.
Otherwise the triton has been a great engine. I have heard many compliments from other owners about it, and chose to get a used rig (2002-03) with the v10 and never regretted that.

I agree with the others posts- there are still 454's and 460's out there so who cares what the rest of the market does. I'm not planning on caring about resale value. I will run my rexy until it drops.
tavent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 07:30 PM   #59

So, this is all a great discussion and one that I've been interested in as well...but, not from what a depreciation will be but, more what the up charge will be (which will offset any depreciation I"ll bet).

A good example of increase just look at the new prices on 2020 Ford and GM's with the larger Gas Engines... OUCH.

As for when they show up in the new RV's will also be interesting not to mention the dealers markup on these units as most likely there will be alot of V10's on the lot.

I doubt you will see any units at any of the RV shows soon (Nashville show is the end of the month... I"ll check it out) but, my guess dealers won't have quantities on the lots for at least a year.. I could be wrong.... but, just looking at the release dates and what it will take RV Mfgs to incorporate them I think my guess will be pretty right on!
davidki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #60

Re-V10

I would rather have the V-10 than a 460V8 or a 454V8 for that matter. Once you got into the late 2003 and the 2004 the problem with the Coil disappeared. It was only those early years of the V10 that had the coil problem as I had the first Cyl. go the noise drove us to calling a tow truck and he put us up on his deck and towed the toad along behind the tow truck to real good Mechanic who had us on the road the next day. Our break down took less than 24 hours and the cost with tow was less than $600.00 so we went away quite happy. When home we bought the spare parts in case it happened again and let it go with the new buyers when we sold it as it was a 1999 Rexhall, we liked it but bought slightly bigger and slightly newer so would not have that problem again. But like I said when your rig is 30' or bigger you need a toad, now we only have 24' no toad needed anymore.
Peter
studesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:09 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by studesrus View Post
I would rather have the V-10 than a 460V8 or a 454V8 for that matter. Once you got into the late 2003 and the 2004 the problem with the Coil disappeared. It was only those early years of the V10 that had the coil problem as I had the first Cyl. go the noise drove us to calling a tow truck and he put us up on his deck and towed the toad along behind the tow truck to real good Mechanic who had us on the road the next day. Our break down took less than 24 hours and the cost with tow was less than $600.00 so we went away quite happy. When home we bought the spare parts in case it happened again and let it go with the new buyers when we sold it as it was a 1999 Rexhall, we liked it but bought slightly bigger and slightly newer so would not have that problem again. But like I said when your rig is 30' or bigger you need a toad, now we only have 24' no toad needed anymore.
Peter
Hi Peter

I'm pleased to hear your V-10 problem was readily fixed. Regarding that you now now have downsized to a 24'er... good on ya! Funny that many people don't realize how simple RVing becomes with a smaller Motorhome. I've a story re my brother with a 40' DP Newmar... things worked out OK in the long run... but he learned why having a big RV has its pit falls! LOL

Soooo... reason I post here is to photo-show you the inexpensive extra comfort room "improvement" we did to our 1996 25' Tiffin Allegro "Sweetie"! Little RV's can get seeming to be bigger inside - if desired. Basically we now have wrap around couch/seats. Full sized table is stored under the bed; easily put back into service for eating or sleeping... if desired.

Cheers! - Art and Linda

PS: Sorry if photos are sideways - These new phones leave a lot for us oldesters to be desired! - LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3411.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	271331   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	271332  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg