Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago Fuse down sides?

Hi,
I did a search for “Winnabego Fuse” but you get a lot of posts about electrical problems. Anyway, I have seen some posts about Fuses not having much clearance. Has that been an issue with Fuse owners? Are there any other issues a prospective buyer should know about?

Thanks in Advance,

Dave K.
dkingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #2

I would say the biggest issue with the Winnebago Fuse is rear clearance. We have had our 2018 23A for nearly two years and never dragged the rear, but others have. Primarily it seems to be the 2017 models. The 2017 models also tended to have one less leaf spring. I have measured clearance as low as 10" on some of those. Our 2018.0 model measured 12" when purchased. In the 2018.5 year models Winnebago made a change to the back tapering the back end up an additional 2".
Many Fuse owners have addressed the low rear clearance issue in a number of different ways. Some add a leaf spring, some claim Sumo Spring bump stops help, some, such as myself, simply had lift blocks installed on the rear axle. I gained 3" clearance by just having 2" lift blocks installed....cost total was $350.00 at a good spring shop. I'd say adding a leaf spring might be the overall best way. There are now airbag systems for the Fuse's Transit chassis, but quite costly.
You will find many if not most of the Fuse owners in America on the Winnebago Fuse Owners Facebook page if you really want the complete picture On this wonderful little class C.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:03 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks! I had discovered the Fuse Facebook group. Sometimes Facebook groups are full of cheer leaders so I was looking to get a less biased opinion. My wife thinks it’s stupid to invest that much money on something with that major of a defect but I think she is thinking more in terms of the expense like with a monster truck lift kit. At about $30K less than a Navion/View, for late models, it’s something to consider, IMO.

I just want a class C diesel and am not impressed with Sprinters as I am with true Mercedes sedans. Looking at some of the Sprinter chassis (Thor) I think Mercedes would be horrified to have their logo on most of the vehicles with the quality of the class Cs out there.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:33 PM   #4

Two points:
READ the comments on the Winnebago Fuse group.....you will quickly discover it is NOT A cheer group for the Fuse......pretty much just the facts.

You want to see a downside? Look at the Sprinter chassis. Mercedes says not to use any diesel over B5. Try driving some states like California where there is nothing but B20. And you might want to take a look at what Mercedes charges for regular service work compared to Ford.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 12:52 PM   #5

I am close to pulling the trigger on a 2017 Fuse with my main concern being rear clearance. Have any of you used the Firestone Ride Rite air suspension approach?
TIA, Peter
NHXplorer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, winnebago