Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
FMCA New Member Report

As a local chapter secretary, I asked for and receive a monthly New Member Report from FMCA headquarters. Since my chapter is in southeastern lower Alabama, I receive the listing of new members from Alabama, Florida & Mississippi. I select from this list to send an email to introduce our local chapter and invite those interested to join us for one of our local rallies, hoping that after meeting us, they will join our chapter. Since September of 2017, email addresses are no longer included on the New Member Report. After inquiring, I was told that the removal was done as a consequence of one new member complaint about being contacted by email. (As an aside, I don’t know if the complaining person was from my Alabama, Florida, or Mississippi area. I doubt it, though, since my email states that non-responders will not be recontacted.) EvIdently FMCA headquarters is concerned about a violation of spam regulations.

My chapter has recruited most of its members using this technique. My contention is that sending an email is by far less intrusive than sending a letter and certainly less costly and time consuming. Without a way to contact new FMCA members by email, local chapters will whither and eventually die.

I ask that chapter National Directors get on-board with this issue and force a timely resolution of this problem.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How many chapter National Directors are members of iRV2 where they'd see your post? Yes, iRV2 has thousands of members but once one gets out in the world, you realize just how many RV'rs have never heard of iRV2 or know of us.

Do you have access to their email addresses? If so, I'd try directly emailing them with your proposal. You'll probably stand a better chance of getting your message out to the demographic you need to reach.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I’m just using iRV2 as another avenue to address the issue. Our Nat Director is aware of issue & will bring it up at their meeting in Perry at FMCA convention.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Old 02-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
And No, email addresses were removed, wherein stands the issue!🧐
Old 02-12-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

I am a new member and would rather get an email than snail mail anytime! And I am looking for a chapter to join in the Kansas/Missouri area. Just waiting to get back home from Texas trip to see where local chapters are having rally’s this year.
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The new FMCA web site has a chapter search function by state and region. If you find a chapter that interests you, you can contact that chapter for additional information.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
The new FMCA web site has a chapter search function by state and region. If you find a chapter that interests you, you can contact that chapter for additional information.

[emoji106] thanks!
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:48 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post

That’s fine, except my local chapter wants to be proactive in recruitment of new members and not depend on inquiries. Our local chapter experiences a year-to-year turnover rate of +20% because of many factors, member aging & moving out of area being the most prevalent, so proactive recruitment works best for us.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:56 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
I am a new member and would rather get an email than snail mail anytime! And I am looking for a chapter to join in the Kansas/Missouri area. Just waiting to get back home from Texas trip to see where local chapters are having rally’s this year.

Thank you for your response. My feelings exactly!

Good luck with your search for a local chapter to join. In our +35 years of RVing, being an active member of a local club has enhanced our lives with new experiences, new adventures & new friends!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Jim, I hear you. I just got the report of new Country Coach owners in our area without the email addresses. With only one person complaining, it would be silly to condemn the entire system. We do get the snail mail address and can send an envelope but that costs chapter/area money which some cannot afford to spend. This is an issue that needs to be addressed by the area presidents so I suggest you contact them. I talked this over with my AVP this morning, they are having an executive meeting via phone as I write this
Old 02-13-2018, 01:03 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Jim, I hear you. I just got the report of new Country Coach owners in our area without the email addresses. With only one person complaining, it would be silly to condemn the entire system. We do get the snail mail address and can send an envelope but that costs chapter/area money which some cannot afford to spend. This is an issue that needs to be addressed by the area presidents so I suggest you contact them. I talked this over with my AVP this morning, they are having an executive meeting via phone as I write this

Already done that. My next step is having my National Director to bring up our concern at their Perry meeting.

Yes, snail mail costs local chapters’ treasury some money.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:06 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
The Perry meeting is fluff. Nothing of any importance goes on there,no policy made. The summer convention in Gillette is where things happen but this problem will not be addressed there, trust me.

This problem needs and should be brought up to the AVP. Get your AVP involved and her name is Betty Duncan. Her email address is bduncan@fmca.org

Most likely it was the Cincinnati staff that decided to stop supplying email addresses
Old 02-14-2018, 05:57 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. View Post
That’s fine, except my local chapter wants to be proactive in recruitment of new members and not depend on inquiries. Our local chapter experiences a year-to-year turnover rate of +20% because of many factors, member aging & moving out of area being the most prevalent, so proactive recruitment works best for us.
As a former Army recruiter, I totally understand being proactive with your recruiting efforts - - if you don't ask them to join they never will.

Just thinking about your problem and thinking out loud here...........How about asking FMCA to add to their membership application an additional opt in check box to receive emails from local chapters?

This way a new member has to physically check a box to get info and when FMCA runs a new membership report, these new member's emails is included.

Again - - thinking out loud.

Good luck with your recruiting efforts.

g
Old 02-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don’t recall any recruiting or even promotion of local chapters when I joined FMCA last year.

The Newmar Kountry Klub seems to be better organized.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags