Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #1

Thumbs up Amazon CamperForce positions now open!!!!

Campers! Exciting news - we have 2 new locations for our Amazon CamperForce Program. The new sites are Haslet, TX & Jeffersonville, IN. Haslet is just north of Fort Worth, TX and Jeffersonville, IN is just over the Ohio River from Louisville, KY.

Our other 2 locations are Campbellsville, KY and Murfreesboro, TN. We encourage you to apply early!

For more information about the jobs (Haslet & Jeffersonville are Kiva building - meaning they have our robots doing some of the work & jobs are slightly different than the other 2 locations) go to www.amazon.com/camperforce or for specific questions, you can email us at camperforce@amazon.com or call toll free at 1-855-9CAMPER.

We look forward to seeing you for Peak 2015!
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:36 PM   #2

We put in our applications for Murfreesboro, TN. Enjoyed TUL1 last peak nice people, staff and fellow workcampers. Hope to see some of them next fall and know also some Amazon regulars that have transferred there.
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:46 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Already submitted my app to return to Campbellsville, but haven't heard from anyone yet.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
And......... Bingo! Got my email offer from Kelly today. Going back to Campbellsville! Now I have to decide: back to Single Toys? Or should I try Picking or Stowing? Choices, choices. ;-)
2004 Element
Old 03-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #5

Smile Glad you are returning!

Happy to hear you all are coming back for Peak 2015! Refer your friends!
Old 03-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
And......... Bingo! Got my email offer from Kelly today. Going back to Campbellsville! Now I have to decide: back to Single Toys? Or should I try Picking or Stowing? Choices, choices. ;-)
I'm pretty sure that I'll go back to Campellsville as well. Waiting to see about a Florida (close to Mom) winter workamping job first. If you liked single toys, you might enjoy Crisplant. Same job but multiple items and your cart moves forward and back on a track for 20 feet or so. My back bothers me if I stand in one spot for too long but I couldn't log the many miles that a picker does. Crisplant was the perfect compromise.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks, deco... When I was in Single Toys (in 13), I think I spent maybe 5 or 8 days working Crisplant, assigned as needed. I didn't like it much, but I'm still not sure why.
2004 Element
Old 03-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #8

Got my email from Kelly and will be returning to Campbellsville for my 4th year. I was in Crisplant last year, thinking of asking for receiving, where I was year before.

I also can't walk the distance of a picker.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Staying at KOA Salome AZ. Thru The Summer, & Loving It..
Send a message via AIM to Bilgerat
PamelaP
Do you have positions for forklift operators? Walk Behind Electric, Standard Hard Tire Gas/Propane, Reach Forklifts?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:41 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am hoping to work at Murfreesboro, just waiting to apply because I'm not sure yet exactly when I'll be available to start. I'm a planner by nature and am wondering if there is any information yet on what campgrounds will be used for that location.

If anybody knows which campgrounds they are using in Murfreesboro, can you tell me which one would be your first choice and why? Location is so important, but I don't know if I can bear being packed in the way I've seen other workers describe. Any recommendations?

Also, how cold does it get in that area? I'm just about three hours north and this winter has been the coldest I can remember with several bad snow storms and temperatures below zero. I know it's not exactly warm there, but just how bad are their early winters?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:55 PM   #11

Answering questions

Bilgerat & RV Dawn:

Bilgerat - yes, we do occasionally have forklift driver positions. What you need to do is apply and during your interview make it known that this is the job you'd like to have. The interviewers at the center you apply at can tell you if they have any openings (or are likely to) for this coming season. It's never over 1 or 2 so it pays to ask!

RV Dawn: If you will contact me at petrusch@amazon.com I'll be happy to send you the list of our approved campgrounds for Murfreesboro - it also contains information about each site (for instance Tennessee Hills is very rural but beautiful - while Nashville I-24 is more urban) to help you make a decision. It also has local information. If you join our closed Facebook group you can ask campers who stayed there last year their opinions. I am going to try & attach it here but don't know how it will come through so get in touch with me if you need it sent directly to you.

Any other questions or comments, please feel VERY free to contact me. I travel a lot so phone doesn't work as well as email. That I get to every day!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #12

Here's an average monthly weather for Nashville https://weatherspark.com/averages/29...-United-States
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Stickdog, thanks for the link.

Pamela, thank you. I'll send you an e-mail.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
I put in my app and got response that you were looking at RV Parks in the Hazlet area. Has that been completed? Did I miss my next email?
Mike and Pat is offline   Reply With Quote