Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Amazon Seasonal Positions

Hello All, My wife and I are considering working in KY next year for Amazon during the four months Sept-Dec. I was wondering if anyone has done this in the past and if so do they have a Point of Contact? We have heard that if you do work some positions are better than others. I would like to converse with anyone who might have worked for them. You hear both good and bad comments but the more information you have the better decision you can make. I would appreciate any comments. We are aware of the Workcamper website. Thanks
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdave View Post
Hello All, My wife and I are considering working in KY next year for Amazon during the four months Sept-Dec. I was wondering if anyone has done this in the past and if so do they have a Point of Contact? We have heard that if you do work some positions are better than others. I would like to converse with anyone who might have worked for them. You hear both good and bad comments but the more information you have the better decision you can make. I would appreciate any comments. We are aware of the Workcamper website. Thanks
My former neighbor in New Braunfels just spent last season working there. Drop me a note and I will send you his emaill contact information. He's retired, but worked there as he was on a road trip this last summer. He'll be happy to talk to you.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
They were at the Tampa show recruting. Try: sdf-camper@amazon.com, or 270-849-2604
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
I spoke with the Amazon folks at the TAMPA show. It seemed like a pretty good deal. Later on I spoke with people that worked there as work campers. I was told it was not an easy job and they work your butts off, it's either all walking or all standing 10 hrs a day! I don't think my back or hips would stand it. But for a free camp site and $10 hr it doesn't sound bad at all.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #5

My wife and I worked at Amazon for two years. The first year was in Kentucky and last year we were in Nevada. The hours are long and yes there is either a lot of walking or stationary work. We enjoyed Kentucky, although they did pay less, they just seemed to be friendlier.
We are currently in Mexico, but if you want more information, send me a PM and I will try to answer any questions you may have.
I will suggest, start your paperwork now, as their HR department tends be slow and will ask for things at the last minute.