Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #1

Corps of Engineers Park Host

I am a Park Host at McHenry Ave. Recreation Area, a Corps of Engineers Park near Modesto, CA. I learned yesterday that there is a need for Park Hosts this Summer as a couple had to cancel.
Go to www.orn.usace.army.mil/volunteer/ click on Volunteer Job Listings, Click on CA, scroll down to Stanislaus River Parks and check out McHenry Ave Recreation Area.

It is a pretty easy job. The gate opens automatically in the morning and 98% of the time a Ranger closes the Park. Mostly your day involves meeting and greeting the folks who have come to use the beaches and the picnic area, Landscape maintenance and bathroom cleaning is taken care of by contractors.

This a Volunteer Position and there is no pay or stipend. Call Heather for more info. Or you can PM me and we can get together on the phone for more info.

Both couples or singles are welcome. Bob
Dolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
Do you get a free site with that or is it just volunteer to help out?
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
Do you get a free site with that or is it just volunteer to help out?
You get a site with water, sewer and 50amp service. Nice lawn w/picnic table and bar-b-q. All surrounded by a split rail fence. If I new how to send a picture, I would. Thanks for asking. Bob
Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph View Post
If I new how to send a picture, I would.
To add images to posts:

• Click on "Post Reply" and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Add your text to message window then scroll down below "additional Options".
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear in post.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #5

Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00006.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	3912  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #6

Thank you Hitchhiker. That was easy. Bob
Old 05-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Any Takers?

Dolph,

Has anyone taken you up on the offer? Just curious as I am not available but I'm interested in workamping when the time comes.

Lucius
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #8

The responses are going directly to the Volunteer Coordinator. I am just a middle man in the process, helping out by posting the opportunity.