Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #1

Hurricane Teddy

Morning all,
One of the first things I do in the morning is to check the latest discussions. However this morning I checked the status of hurricane Teddy. It has been heading this way for several days and we watched its build to a cat 4 and back to a cat 1.

It won't hit us directly as the eye will pass to our east. However we are expecting strong winds and several inches of rain.

We did the usual prep work and as we are selling our place , hopefully, I got rid of some scrap steel and had a quick burn of some brush.

I can see the clouds building and ithere is no wind at all. Calm before the storm. Cold here this morning, about 40f which I was surprised at as a hurricane is a heat engine and normally brings warm humid conditions. The high pressure area we have had has split into two and Teddy is charging between them.

I realize this would be a non event for many folks in the Gulf states but to us it is something to be aware of. So we wait and see what happens.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 08:40 AM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Praying for our friends north of the border!

Living in the Keys, this time of year involves a constant eye on the weather. We are still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Irma and that was 3 years ago!

Being to the west of the eye is definitely the 'good' side of the storm. The front right eyewall is the WORST place to be and I speak from experience!
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Praying for our friends north of the border!

Living in the Keys, this time of year involves a constant eye on the weather. We are still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Irma and that was 3 years ago!

Being to the west of the eye is definitely the 'good' side of the storm. The front right eyewall is the WORST place to be and I speak from experience!
Thank you folks.
Appreciate your prayers.
Usually by the time a storm gets to us it is only a tropical storm. However there are exceptions. This one is brushing us by and the eye is passing to the east of us. So we are in the western quadrant right now. Getting some heavy squalls and strong wind gusts.

We are in Kingston Nova Scotia in the Annapolis valley.

We visited the Keys 4 years ago and I can only imagine the storms that you have experienced. A beautiful place.

Stay safe.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #4

Hope all goes well for you back there. I grew up in NS but don't remember any storms like that.

Tags
hurricane