Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #1

My partner, Roger, and I have been full timing for 3 1/2 years and love it. Have worked at sevral workamper jobs. You can join Workamper and get info each day on current jobs and a bi-monthly magazine with lots of jobs. It helps with the Social Security especially with gas so high. Some jobs are good and some are bad but you can move on down the road. We only work for jobs that have some pay along with site, utilities, etc.
Sissy7378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #2

My partner, Roger, and I have been full timing for 3 1/2 years and love it. Have worked at sevral workamper jobs. You can join Workamper and get info each day on current jobs and a bi-monthly magazine with lots of jobs. It helps with the Social Security especially with gas so high. Some jobs are good and some are bad but you can move on down the road. We only work for jobs that have some pay along with site, utilities, etc.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #3

Welcome to the site Sissy. I think it's great that you have been able to offset the cost by working. I hope to be able to do the same some day. (in ten years or so) i have been practicing announcing bike and trackter pulls several times a year. We get a free site , electric and paid for the gig. Working out pretty well so far. scotty.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 AM   #4

Sissy, Welcome to the forum. I hope you will share some of your experiences with us.

Fxrscotty, I just wanted to say that "announcing bike and trackter pulls" sounds like a great workamping job. How does someone get into that business?

~WOTG~

Workers On The Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #5

Have had good experiences and bad ones but manage to get through them. We have done paid and also volunteer in a state park. Like the pay better and most the volunteer are for short sessions. Only left one job early and it was not what they told us at all and that is when I learned to be sure you understand and have it in writing. Also had a camp ground sell after we took the job and our duties did change and not for the better. However, we stuck it out and decided not to return for the next year. I think you need to get a couple days off in a row or even more. Right now we work three eight hour days followed by four days off. It is in FL and we can visit family or take trips on our days off. We get our FHU site, $5 week towards laundry and each $7.50 an hour. Also we are at a fish camp so get a lot of fish free which makes it even better. More later.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 PM   #6

workersonthego, first you buy a pulling sled,then you get people interested in pulling it, then you sell it with the condition you stay on as the announcer, then you meet a lot of nice people and have a good time. Oh yah it helps if you are a good BS artist! See it's easy. Scotty.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Hi all wife is school teacher and we just purchased a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U she is trying to get started in workcamping so that I can drive the MOHO to the campgroung set it up and leave her and the kids there On my days off I would be able to come up and stay with her. she is looking for campgrounds in the Mass area to do this anyone have any words of wisdom for us.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Mark,
Join workamper.com and watch for ads from campgrounds in the Mass area. Something suitable will turn up.

What sort of job is your wife prepared to do? And on what terms?
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
As a school teacher who teaches SpedEd she can do almost anything. she cant swim so she would not take a job dealing with that but she has told me that from desk work to rec work she would like to do she really would not like to clean the bathrooms and wish for a full site water elec septic some cash and a few days off to enjoy it thats all.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 AM   #10

He is so right just get on Workamper and there will be something. Their bi-monthly magazine has lots of jobs in almost every state. Also there are state park jobs, federal park jobs, etc. Another place is KOA as they have jobs for their parks listed or you can just put your resumes on both sites and you will get responses but not as fast as doing it on your own. We have done it for several years now.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:17 AM   #11

Just remembered another site that has job postings for the Older and Bolder. It is http://www.coolworks.com

Good luck!