Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2023, 07:47 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 13
Nomad Mobile RV Tecnicians

I see numerous references for RVers to become Mobile Techs, however how would one manage their business reporting obligations for taxes and business licensing while traveling across state lines and providing paid RV repair services?
IronDuke II is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free! RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sedona, AZ
Posts: 2,821
I believe you would have to track your earnings by state and then file tax returns in each state you had earnings in (over the threshold amount for tax filing). But basically you should talk with your accountant.
Shell Bleiweiss
2014 1/2 Thor Challenger 37KT
Sedona, AZ
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:59 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 755
Yea, this gets messy.

You also have to charge customers local taxes if any apply, and give them to the state/county, which also means you might need a business licenses / tax permit for some locations.

I see this at conventions in my home state. All the venders, even from out of state, have to get and display a business licenses, along with a "sales and use" tax license issued by my state. Out of state business licenses are not valid.

The mobile techs I see on YouTube seem to state within a state or region, like Oregon /Washington so they don't have to deal with too many tax districts.
jrollf is offline   Reply With Quote

« Lite Workcamping | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Mexico Nomad :: 1977 Nomad casaazul iRV2 Owners Registry 0 10-07-2018 02:37 PM
Mobile internet via Autonet mobile unit router AnneandMe Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 5 08-18-2013 09:09 AM
Wi Fi mil /Millenicom MIFI /mobile broadband usb/ or Mobile Hotspot jd31mc Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 8 08-11-2013 11:27 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.