Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
gma

RV Driving Instructors Needed

We are looking for instructors for our school. We teach literally thousands of people since 1991 how to safely operate their RVs. This is a part time activity that is very rewarding. You should have heavy vehicle background, good oral skills, and be knowledgeable abt RV systems. Send us a brief resume or just a few paragraphs abt your background to prospect@RVDrivingSchool.com We look forward to talking to you. -- George Mayleben Director
gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV School

Where is the location of this opportunity?
City, State??
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #3

His home page is no more....

He has 2 empty posts here...
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
RV School Home page

Click on training for a map with current locations. The link in OP is an email for your response if interested in becoming an Instructor.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #5

Must be my error, this is what I get for a home page:
Sorry! This site is no longer available.

If you are the owner of this site, please call the number below and mention code WSN2240Z
Toll free within the U.S. & Canada: (877) 454-5212
Outside the U.S. & Canada: (902) 749-5312
DonDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #6

I am for the nest month or so in Jefferson City, Missouri.. I would be happy to help anyone to get past the jitters of driving there new to them RV. This is not an ad, but a simple offer as I am board as hell waiting for my wife to retire!!!!!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
Where is the location of this opportunity?
City, State??
Their web site won't even tell you. I looked it up phone comes up in
Applegate, CA
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think this is a scam but I think I'd pass even if I had a CDL. His post was the first impression many people will have of his business. For quite a few it will also be the last.

He's not professional enough to update his profile, include a link to his website or use a spell cheker to remove the silly "txt" garbage from his post. Do you want someone too careless or too lazy to type "about" rather than "abt" signing your paycheck or, even worse, teaching a loved one to drive a 40 foot Class A?

Everybody makes mistakes (if you don't you can have some of my extras), but any reputable business will use a word prrocessor to compose and then copy and paste to a forum.

I'm not planning on returning to Amazon but at least their posts and emails were well written and professional.

mangy dog
mangy dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #9

We have used this company twice. Once for us when we purchased our rig and once for my father who will be using our rig as well. Both experiences were very positive and we found the instructor we used both times to be very professional. It's not my place to explain how their setup works. I am only commenting because I feel it is a shame they left a poor impression here. From my understanding they have instructors all over the country. You contact them to arrange lessons and they put you together with one of their instructors in or near your location. Based on that I assume they are looking all over the country for additional instructors.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangy dog View Post
I don't think this is a scam but I think I'd pass even if I had a CDL. His post was the first impression many people will have of his business. For quite a few it will also be the last.

He's not professional enough to update his profile, include a link to his website or use a spell cheker to remove the silly "txt" garbage from his post. Do you want someone too careless or too lazy to type "about" rather than "abt" signing your paycheck or, even worse, teaching a loved one to drive a 40 foot Class A?

Everybody makes mistakes (if you don't you can have some of my extras), but any reputable business will use a word prrocessor to compose and then copy and paste to a forum.

I'm not planning on returning to Amazon but at least their posts and emails were well written and professional.

mangy dog
Seems pretty simple to me. If there is someone in your area on the map, probably not a need. If you are somewhere with lots of RV's and no instructors, and think you are qualified you might apply.

The school was started by Dick Reed years ago in CA. George and Val are fulltimers with cell phones. Doing checks on phone numbers means nothing in this day and age, millions of folks don't even have a land line.

If you even do a search on irv you will find many positive comments over the years. Sorry you were offended by a misspelled wurd, I try to throw one in once in a while so people with nothing better to do can respond to posts and get their count up.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #11

This is getting better and better!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My wife and I took lessons in Yuma with an instructor from the RV Driving School. It was a great 2 day experience with personal training one on one in our own motorhome. We still use what we have learned and it has been invaluable. This was when Dennis and Carol owned the school before selling to George. I would have no problem taking a refresher course. Probably should.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:33 PM   #13

I realize this is an old post but wanted to add my 2 cents. DH and I used RV Driving School this past June. This was in a little town in Sanger, TX and our instructor was Mike. I cannot say enough good things about their services. Val communicated within 24 hours of an email or call and Mike was the best. I would gladly refer friends and family to them.
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote