Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #1

Rving while working

I travel for work a lot. About 150+ nights a year and move daily from one location to another. Im done with the hotel life, looking to buy a motor home or truck camper to stay in. I dont have to worry about campground or even parks, I can stay on work location property. I just cant decide on a motor home or truck camper. Size is not an issue for me. Im used to small hotel rooms. I must have a shower and a desk area to work. I have been looking at the Northern lite truck camper. Any thoughts or input would be great.
hoss1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A truck camper, and a Northern Lite, are both good choices, and even better if you already have a truck.
However, we went from a truck camper to a small class A (25-feet) and love the extra room and the obvious conveniences that go with it. We were fortunate to find a used one with very few miles and in extraordinary condition. It had been in the same family all of it's life!
On the flip side, I guess, would be if you got to the point that you no longer needed an RV for work and decided that "RVing" wasn't your thing, you'd still have a truck.
Good luck with your choice. Stay safe and healthy.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:05 PM   #3

Either choice I make, my company would foot the bill. I am leaning towards a TC for the simple reason of having transportation while at a location. I'm also a simplistic person, big any fancy is not my style. Work long hours and it's just a place to sleep. I'm just looking to have the same bed each night.
hoss1045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I've used my Class A DP to live in when I accepted a job and had to relocate. The advantage is that you do have all the creature comforts of home. The large holding tanks for fresh, grey, and black water provide for longer periods between dumping. Full fridge and stove mean you don't have to go out to eat as much. Traveling light/small is OK but I'd rather have room to stretch out.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:32 PM   #5

I work a 14/14 schedule from my 24 travel trailer: it gets pretty small pretty fast. I do understand about the hotel thing. I get to tack on $75/day for my trailer which works out pretty well.

My work weeks are typically 100+ hours I can tell you without a doubt my next RV will have a dishwasher and a washer/dryer.

If I were home more frequently something smaller would be OK.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqz View Post

My work weeks are typically 100+ hours I can tell you without a doubt my next RV will have a dishwasher and a washer/dryer.

Consider getting a combo W/D and installing in in your camper. We found a used apartment combo for $400 and installed it in a closet. It has been a great addition.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:34 PM   #7

Just my two cents, I would go with a class A and a toad. Class A's have faster set up, if you are moving each day it easier to pick up and go. If you need to get around a toad is easy to unhitch. The tanks are bigger so more time between dumping.

Trailer and truck campers are great, I love mine, but when unhitch I am planning on staying a few days.
ktn1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving