Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:46 AM   #1

Sugar beet harvest in Beautiful Southern Idaho

We are currently looking for harvest help for our upcoming harvest in October. We are the Amalgamated Sugar Company and we have positions open. Harvest usually runs for about 5-6 weeks. We have competitive pay and also pay overtime. This year the starting wage is 16.30. Regular pay is the first 10 hrs of every day and after that its overtime. Which means by Friday you are all overtime hours. As long as the weather cooperates. We typically work 14-15 hour days. Our company will also pay for the RV spot during harvest. You will need to pass a physical and drug test before you are hired. If interested you can email us at harvestemployment@amalsugar.com or you can leave me a message here. Thanks.
brandonbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #2

Would cost a week's pay to get there and likewise to return. I'll pass.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:05 AM   #3

What kind of drugs do we get to test? I’ll pass on the 12 hour days.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Interesting.

I live in Central California and out here, besides water, the other main issue farmers have now is trying to get workers. Crazy.

Used to live in the Salinas Valley where all your lettuce comes from. Same problem over there too.

Good luck getting some help, your going to need it. Farm work is one of the toughest jobs in the world.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:45 AM   #5

I'll also pass on the long hour days.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:43 PM   #6

Id be interested and sent an email. I am in OR and ID is closer than MT of MI
lchanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:07 PM   #7

I am driving a truck in northern MN right now for pre haul of beets, and it pays $27 an hour, no overtime, no drug test, no cdl needed for farm help. I do have a cdl though, and could easily pass a drug test.
I usaually head out October first and head south, but will stay this year, helping for harvest, then head south.
This past spring, when i got hear, they were paying farmers to haul from the pilers, to the factory, as the company that normaly does it couldnt get help, or maybe they couldnt pass the drug test.
It is only going to get worse.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:49 PM   #8

The Job Description says $17.40/hr starting... (maybe w/o the RV parking benefit).
https://www.amalgamatedsugar.com/careers/

I am always interested, but the wifey says "NO!" So we have to go to Mexico instead...
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:55 AM   #9

Hear in the north, Crystal sugar company, pays for camper worker sights at different campgrounds that stay open for them near the pilers and plants.
.... By what i have seen hear, late September is when workers come and train and such. There is no way,,,,,,,,,,, they do drug testing.
... 12 hour or more shifts at the piler, unless in the scale house, its outside work, in fall temps, rain, snow, cold.