Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Workkamping & Volunteering
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #1

We need campers NOW for Kentucky! PAID campsite, good wage, ending bonus$$

Amazon still needs awesome campers to come to Kentucky to help us out during the holidays. We are close to being filled but we aren't there yet!

We offer a paid campsite, utilities (except propane), $10.00 starting wage plus $1 per hour for every hour worked if you stay until we release you (usually Dec. 23rd).

You will work in our distribution center, it IS physical work, you will either be walking for standing for 4 - 10 hour days per week, moving to mandatory overtime of 5 - 10 hour days usually around Black Friday as we begin the holiday ramp up in earnest at that point. We have a large group of campers who work at our KY center so you'll have a sense of community immediately!

To apply go to: Amazon Fulfillment - CamperForce

For more information: toll free - 1-855-922-6737
OR email camperforce@amazon.com

Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
PamelaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #2

LA Gulf Coast Campers
What is the maximum age of your workers?
Old 10-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
What is the maximum age of your workers?
We have no maximum age - as long as you can do the work, are over 18, can pass a background search & drug test we will hire you. It is up to the individual camper, once we describe the work in an interview, to decide if they can do the worik.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

Your are building a new center in Kenosha will there be seasonals there or enough locals to cover it?
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #5

Pamela, and Amazon....kudos to you guys for creative manpower sourcing

I'd bet that you gave that $1/hour bonus to over 90% of camper workers that didn't have to leave due to health reasons, because IMO RV types commit to things, fulfill their obligations, and have a good work ethic.

Would you care to comment on whether I was high or low on my estimate, and how that group compared to the norm?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #6

You would be right bamaboy473! I think our campers are the BEST! I worked side by side (in BNA3 - Murfreesboro) with campers for a week and without a doubt they definitely have a great work ethic. We are going to have 2 new locations in 2015. It will all be posted on 1/15/2015 on www.amazon.com/camperforce - Hope to see lots of you at Quartzsite & Tampa RV Shows!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #7

I have never seen an Amazon distribution building before but I did see the new one in Kenosha last week. I have one word, HUGE.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP View Post
You would be right bamaboy473! I think our campers are the BEST! I worked side by side (in BNA3 - Murfreesboro) with campers for a week and without a doubt they definitely have a great work ethic. We are going to have 2 new locations in 2015. It will all be posted on 1/15/2015 on www.amazon.com/camperforce - Hope to see lots of you at Quartzsite & Tampa RV Shows!

Here I thought that making deliveries with a quad copter was great marketing...and now comes PamelaP with a more inventive idea, lol!!
Old 01-01-2015, 08:20 PM   #9

Wife and I just did 10 weeks at Coffeyville walked out at 3:30 AM Dec 24. We call it the fat farm that pays. We have a fat savings acc for our Alaska trip next spring and we left 30 pounds at TUL1.
We're already thinking about another tour next peak if one of the locations fit our travel plans.
'17' F350 6.7 CC King Ranch DRW 4x4 4:10s B&W 20 K Companion Hitch
'04' NuWa 33.5 RLTG DA Demco GlideRide pin box
Stickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pay sounds fine but I avoid camping in the snow. Spent a tour in So Korea along the DMZ. Cold hurts. I prefer the winters of Palm Springs and Arizona.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #11

tour at TUL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickdog View Post
Wife and I just did 10 weeks at Coffeyville walked out at 3:30 AM Dec 24. We call it the fat farm that pays. We have a fat savings acc for our Alaska trip next spring and we left 30 pounds at TUL1.
We're already thinking about another tour next peak if one of the locations fit our travel plans.
Love the comments! I was born in Alaska and am happy you are getting to visit there. It's a beautiful state (but then I'm a little prejudiced about that!)

I've heard lots of stories now about what a good weight loss program we have...I think I'm going to start advertising "lose weight AND get paid"...

Glad to hear you are considering coming back. We'll have 2 new locations so take a look at our site www.amazon.com/camperforce on Jan. 15th - and Doggy Daddy - we may even have a location coming up where it DOESN'T snow.....stay tuned!!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Do they pay any over time since they are doing 50 hour weeks?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #13

Overtime pay

First, we only ask campers to work a maximum of 50 hours per week and that usually doesn't kick in until around Black Friday. You start working a 4 day, 10 hour day schedule then move to OT when it's needed. Second, OF COURSE you get paid overtime on anything over 40 hours - we abide by all employment laws. We pay time & 1/2 for all overtime.

You CAN volunteer for more than 50 hours (we allow a maximum of 60 hours of work per week) but it isn't required for campers.

What else can I tell you about working at Amazon?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaP View Post
What else can I tell you about working at Amazon?

er...did I miss where you offer us, "insiders", massive discounts off Amazon's already-good prices?