Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-13-2020, 08:27 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Our 40' 350 hp loaded pulling a car on a trailer gets about 7.5. that being said my F-150 4.6 pulling the same trailer got 10 mpg. a no brainer to me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2020, 07:45 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Over the past two years we did a combination of cross country travel along with periods of workamping when we did not move for a few months at a time.

For those two years our total fuel cost was only $3264.08 for approximately 10,000 miles of travel at 7.7 mpg.

I know I spent way more than $1600 a year just running back and forth to work in my previous working lifestyle.

Relax and travel slowly, fuel costs wonít be an issue.
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #17

About 8-9 mpg seems to be the number most of us come up with.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:05 AM   #18

Another question on fuel economy

This is a topic that sometimes make me laugh fuel mileage. If you are worried how much fuel
Mileage you get donít buy it cause itís not going to be good. From 7 to 9 miles a gallon does it really matter in the cost of things. Have a blow out on a holiday weekend and see how much a tire cost on the side of freeway. Have a Diesel engine blow up then mortgage your house. There are way to many other high dollar problems that can happen and will happen if you do it long enough. If you figure in the price of tires for bigger rigs they run around 50-75 dollars a month depending if you change a 7or 8 years.So donít sweat the small stuff like fuel and enjoy RVing.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:45 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have always said if you worry very much about mpg then think twice about having an RV. Fuel costs is a small item in terms of buying and operating an RV.

Some exceptions might be for folks who live full time in their RVs in order to save money and tend to stay put in one place for months at a time.

While we are RVing we tend to average just about the same total cost as when we are at home. We stay at a mix private, public campgrounds and other free overnight parking. This is not say I won't make some effort, not very much, to find lower priced fuel if I can. But even then easy in and out may out weight difference in fuel costs.
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 06:23 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
This is a topic that sometimes make me laugh fuel mileage. If you are worried how much fuel
Mileage you get donít buy it cause itís not going to be good. From 7 to 9 miles a gallon does it really matter in the cost of things. Have a blow out on a holiday weekend and see how much a tire cost on the side of freeway. Have a Diesel engine blow up then mortgage your house. There are way to many other high dollar problems that can happen and will happen if you do it long enough. If you figure in the price of tires for bigger rigs they run around 50-75 dollars a month depending if you change a 7or 8 years.So donít sweat the small stuff like fuel and enjoy RVing.
I wish i got 7 mpg try 5
robertkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkathy View Post
I wish i got 7 mpg try 5

Me to I wish for 6 those where just numbers for my comment.

Tags
fuel