Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:19 PM   #1

Just pulled the trigger on TT membership

Well I do not see how I could go wrong with a TT membership. We will be going full time for the next 2 years. I found a used elite membership online. Will be using as soon as next month for spring break. Then as we begin to travel in July we will use it as much as possible. I may be wrong, but I think it will work our for US. Time will tell.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #2

Depends on the cost.....any use restrictions..how often you use it...availability in different regions

Camp Ground Memberships can be a cost cutting measure when FTng provided you buy LOW and USE it

We FTd for 7 yrs and made use of our membership (Not TT---but used it at numerous TTs).
Hard to bet $10/15 night for FHU
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #3

I don't care for the 14 days in then out....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Didn't work for us as we didn't want to plan our travels to specific TT locations. Also found their approved parks too vary greatly on standards. Happy for you and hope you like it. You pay for what you want. We found the TT parks to not deliverer the advertised hype. Rather spend 20% more and be in control of day to day situation.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I don't care for the 14 days in then out....
OP picked up a used "Elite" membership. Different restrictions: longer stays, can go park-to-park.

TT is good stuff if their locations are where you want to be. "Camping Pass" works very well for us, we usually use about 45 days. That means we pay $3/night for the extra nights over 30. REALLY good investment for us, works out to less than $15/night each year.

One of these days I may spend the extra $$$ on the "Trails Collection" add-on. For some trips it could turn out to actually save us $$$.

Not everyone can use it that effectively. One reason it works for us is that we have 4 TT locations less than an hour from our home, and 5 more within 3 hours. So far we've hit about 10 TT locations across 4 years.

Roger
Old 03-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #6

Well for spring break we will head to williamsburg for a week. This summer we will use in KY to Maine. Next winter SC FL. Then we will head west.

Yes when you buy cheap it make it more worthwhile. 21in no time out.
yep $10-15 is hard to beat, but $0 will beat it.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
Well for spring break we will head to williamsburg for a week. This summer we will use in KY to Maine. Next winter SC FL. Then we will head west.

Yes when you buy cheap it make it more worthwhile. 21in no time out.
We were at Williamsburg last April, had a good stay. It's a little tight, but the staff were really helpful. And it's a great location for getting to Colonial Williamsburg. Be sure to do breakfast at Honey Butter's on Richmond Rd. - it's on the right, almost at the intersection with Croaker Rd. when you leave the campground.

Where are you heading in Maine? We'll be in ME in June this year, but not using our TT membership there. Family lives close to Bangor, so we camp at Bucksport - about halfway between them and Acadia.

Good luck!

Roger
Old 03-08-2019, 10:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
We were at Williamsburg last April, had a good stay. It's a little tight, but the staff were really helpful. And it's a great location for getting to Colonial Williamsburg. Be sure to do breakfast at Honey Butter's on Richmond Rd. - it's on the right, almost at the intersection with Croaker Rd. when you leave the campground.

Where are you heading in Maine? We'll be in ME in June this year, but not using our TT membership there. Family lives close to Bangor, so we camp at Bucksport - about halfway between them and Acadia.

Good luck!

Roger
Glad to hear Wmburg a good stop. I will try to stop in at breakfast at the Honey Butter. We are going to try and do as much as we can in ME. Any suggestions. Bar Harbor, Katodin, Acadia. I plan on doing some trout fishing, maybe some coastal fishing and leaf peepin. Would like to see some maple syrup farms, etc
Old 03-08-2019, 11:14 PM   #9

Quote:
OP picked up a used "Elite" membership. Different restrictions: longer stays, can go park-to-park.

TT is good stuff if their locations are where you want to be. "Camping Pass" works very well for us, we usually use about 45 days. That means we pay $3/night for the extra nights over 30. REALLY good investment for us, works out to less than $15/night each year.

One of these days I may spend the extra $$$ on the "Trails Collection" add-on. For some trips it could turn out to actually save us $$$.

Not everyone can use it that effectively. One reason it works for us is that we have 4 TT locations less than an hour from our home, and 5 more within 3 hours. So far we've hit about 10 TT locations across 4 years.

Roger
yep
Old 11-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #10

glad you got the membership. We got one and have not paid for a campsite in over two months. It has already paid for itself.
TOO LONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:07 PM   #11

we visited the Williamsburg location this Oct and did think, like you, this park was a bit tight for sure.. and hilly in some spots.. did see lots of what seemed to be annual sites and when we asked how many spot were open for a 30 ft they had I believe 6-7. We drove around and checked them out and it looked like only a couple were actually usable more or less from my point of view.

We also drove over to the other TT location called Chesapeake Bay some 30 or more mins away.. iT was a whole different world with the size of the park, spacing on slots,, activities etc.. much better in my view.

hope ot see more next year when we hit the road in may and head north froim NC as well..

see you down the road.

Quote:

Good luck!

Roger
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #12

For me buying a used Elite TT membership was the BEST thing I ever did (Besides retiring at 52 and going FT).
3 years in now and my Total costs (including purchase price and annual fees plus some nightly fees) is ~$8/night.
I've been to the Florida Keys, wintered in Florida 3 years straight, the Everglades NP, Mammoth Cave NP, Sedona, Lake Tahoe, stayed with a view of the Pacific Ocean, Yosemite NP all with my TT membership and included in the $8/night I quoted above.
Can't be beat! But hey some people it is not for them...
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:37 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
For me buying a used Elite TT membership was the BEST thing I ever did (Besides retiring at 52 and going FT).
3 years in now and my Total costs (including purchase price and annual fees plus some nightly fees) is ~$8/night.
I've been to the Florida Keys, wintered in Florida 3 years straight, the Everglades NP, Mammoth Cave NP, Sedona, Lake Tahoe, stayed with a view of the Pacific Ocean, Yosemite NP all with my TT membership and included in the $8/night I quoted above.
Can't be beat! But hey some people it is not for them...
What does a TT membership have to do with NP, SP ??
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #14

What does a travel trailer membership get you?
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led