Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #1

Looking for Winter RV Parks near Tucson

My brother is retiring soon and will be doing the Snowbird thing. He wants to stay near Tucson so I am helping by asking for info/help here, since I have an account. He's not much for internet

He's bought a nice truck and Travel Trailer but he hasn't a huge amount of money in his retirement. So I'd like any help you might give me on places that are "mid-priced" to lower, mid-priced.

He also have excellent references from the "park" he has been living in for about the last, 5 or more, years in Eugene/Veneta area of Oregon.

Sure appreciate some help since many places that advertise can afford to advertise because they are higher-end parks. I will follow up here, and get an idea of what he will be prepared to spend.

Thanks to any, and everyone in advance. I know he'd really appreciate it
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
MnP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
My brother is retiring soon and will be doing the Snowbird thing. He wants to stay near Tucson so I am helping by asking for info/help here, since I have an account. He's not much for internet

He's bought a nice truck and Travel Trailer but he hasn't a huge amount of money in his retirement. So I'd like any help you might give me on places that are "mid-priced" to lower, mid-priced.

He also have excellent references from the "park" he has been living in for about the last, 5 or more, years in Eugene/Veneta area of Oregon.

Sure appreciate some help since many places that advertise can afford to advertise because they are higher-end parks. I will follow up here, and get an idea of what he will be prepared to spend.

What is "mid to lower mid price"? I would recommend looking at on-line resources such as Rv Park Reviews, Good Sam Trip planning, Allstays, etc. They will give you listing of parks in the area that you are interested in. You can then go onto the park web site and they will list the rent. I might also suggest that you look into the Rio Grande Valley if price is important as the parks will be less expensive.
MnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post

Have a look at this recent discussion of the same;

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/tucso...ng-403242.html
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:30 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wanna go cheap? Boondock!

https://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds-details/12221.htm

There are rv parks nearby for things like dumping sewage tanks. Propane is available at many locations in the Tucson area. Fresh water can be filled into five gallon containers and lugged to the trailer. A membership at a cheap health club can provide nice showers. I stayed here for a month and I'd go back. Of course you can't pick your neighbors, but I never saw the BLM throw anybody out.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:10 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Look into the Pima County Fairgounds. We have had several people stay there and they all thought it was nice and affordable. Not luxury RV Park, but full hook-ups.

The RV Park at The Pima County Fairgrounds | Tucson, AZ 85747
jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #6

He won't want to boondock, but thank you for the suggestion
Old 08-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #7

Yes, he isn't the "fancy" type, just neat and clean. Safe as possible as he can be in the times we live in
Old 08-29-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

X2 on what jhlady said. We stayed there, it's $25 a day or $125 a week. They do have a monthly rate, can't remember what it is. That is most reasonable in Tucson. It's full hookups, last year when we were there they were building a new bathroom/shower building. Just down the street from a Wal Mart
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #9

If he doesn't need to be in Tucson there are many good rv parks in Benson, Bisbee and Douglas area. Much cheaper and really pretty area. Just a thought.
clockmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockmanbill View Post
If he doesn't need to be in Tucson there are many good rv parks in Benson, Bisbee and Douglas area. Much cheaper and really pretty area. Just a thought.

I am full timer living in Az. I been checking out areas in Az to live year round but the summer is tough. If he is just snowbirding the farther South the better. Tucson is expensive area and chilly.

Hikingsailor
hikingsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #11

B-10 Campground in Quartzsite.......$295 a month with water, electric included, dump site.......nice management,mail delivery, and usually a campground supplied dinner on Saturday eves, morning coffee, clean restrooms and showers...30 amp service, but 50 available...and it's right on Main street...laundry service also
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NWCountry,
Have you found a RV Space for your brother yet? We have a Lot in Cochise Terrace RV Resort, Benson AZ that we would rent to your brother if interested. contact me at -pacerjohn59@gmail.com.
John & Laura
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Superpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #13

rv park

look up Twin buttes park. It's a small park between Bisbee and Douglas. I lived there for a few years. $285 per month with everything but electric. Very homey place.
clockmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter