Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > RV'ing On A Budget
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2021, 07:24 AM   #1

Visible cell phone service

Does anyone use (or know someone who does) a cell phone service called Visible? It runs on Verizon's network but it's super-cheap, I think $40/mo all inclusive. I assume it's similar to Consumer Cellular etc., about which I don't know either other than commercials. Right now we have Verizon, for our two cell phones and a landline we pay $200/mo which is obscene even besides RVing, and we definitely want to cut down that cost when we start full-timing in January.
GCA1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2021, 07:35 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I don't know visible, but it would have the same coverage as Verizon if on their network.

We have T-mobile. If you are over 55, their magenta plans are great. $70 for 2 lines and unlimited data. They do slow it down after you reach a certain level, but we've been able to stream music & netflix, use navigation without an issue.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:45 AM   #3

I've been using it for 2yrs and have been extremely happy with them.

The service is on Verizon and you have true unlimited data including being able to use your phone as a hotspot but with a speed cap of 5mbps which is still fine for streaming Netflix. The website/customer service are very rudimentary but if you don't mind, it's a great deal. They simply charge your credit card a flat $40/mo and that can get lowered if you are part of group with 2 or more people.

You can either bring your own device and they'll send you a SIM you activate using their App or you can order a new phone from them with the SIM already installed.

They just emailed me this deal for $5/first month if you're interested:

Bring a friend and you'll both score a month of Visible for $5.

Hey Paul, want an even sweeter deal on your Visible service? Bring a friend to Visible and when they activate you'll both get a month of service for $5. You can receive a $5 month for every person you refer to Visible, for up to 12 months.

Just have your friends or family use your unique link below.

Friend link for Paul
https://www.visible.com/get/3nfT9T
Paul R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 AM   #4

Pretty sure there is a huge 'Visible' thread here you can search as well, but I can tell you that we have used Visible for about 18 months and have no issues with it at all. Each phone you add to their 'party plan' (the add ons do not even have to be people you know - read about that on their site) lowers your monthly payment for each line by $5. We have 3 lines so pay $30 a month for each. You can have up to 4, lowering your bill to $25 each. Visible is owned by Verizon and uses their infrastructure, including 5G.

I have been very pleased with streaming FuboTV through Visible. Provided I've got a bar or two, I have no problems. The only time (according to Visible) that service differs from what a straight Verizon subscriber receives is during periods of high usage. In those instances Verizon traffic would take priority. Truth be told, I've noticed no difference.

IMHO, it's worth a trial run. There's no contract involved so simple enough to do.
mistercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:13 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Lots of reading here on this thread.

I have had visible for over a year now. Only pay $25/mo with
the party pay option.

$25/month unlimited internet....interested?

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/25-month-unlimited-internet-interested-442091.html
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:07 PM   #6

I do

I have it and like it. I also have a regular AT&T Unlimited Phone as well. I work from the road so having a good cell signal is always important and with both I usually have something. $25 you really can't beat it.
Texan0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 11:15 AM   #7

I don't, but price is right!

Changed from Verizon to Visible when we lived in southern NM. My wife and I immediately saw a decrease in speed. But it is unlimited compared to our old Verizon plan so we stick with it.

We moved to northern Utah, near Salt Lake City, and coverage and speed is really bad here. Who would have thought that a major metropolitan area like SLC would be worse than the boonies in southern NM? My son's AT&T phone is SO MUCH FASTER. But he pays a lot more for his plan. We are in a party with our daughter and her husband, so we pay only $25/month/line. They have better coverage in their little town in Indiana than we do.

So, bottom line is that I'm not very happy with Visible, but it serves our needs adequately...for now. We aren't big bandwidth users, especially when camping.

Tags
phone, service