Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alternative to oven built in, how do you bake anything bigger than a pizza?

We are getting closer to going full-time and our newly aquired TT has the smallest Oven I have ever seen this is our 2nd TT and we had a Small Class C a few years ago, the all had 2 removable racks in the oven this one only has one and it has one usable position that leaves about 2"-3"of space to fit food! Is there a portable propane oven I can buy that is large enough to bake a small whole chicken? Or allow my wife to bake a cake or pie? I know I can replace the oven but it's new and they just cost to much I would rather get a table top oven I can use outside, and possibly tap into my TT LP tanks.
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
If you plan to go full time in the RV, why settle for a useless oven? Sell the one you have and install a proper size RV oven you can use. They can be purchased used from a salvage yard, or even Craig's List.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #3

Our motorhome didn't have an oven. It had a convection/microwave. The convection part was awesome. It would definitely bake a chicken, turkey breast, roast, cookies and a 9x13 cake. Perhaps you could change out your microwave for a convection/microwave. She could still use the propane oven for some things.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the counter top models they are now up to "2 12" Pizzas" size.. (Wal-Mart about 70 bucks online)

I can cook a 10 pound bird in my Wegwood. Actually not sure how big a bird but 10 for sure,.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Our motorhome didn't have an oven. It had a convection/microwave. The convection part was awesome. It would definitely bake a chicken, turkey breast, roast, cookies and a 9x13 cake. Perhaps you could change out your microwave for a convection/microwave. She could still use the propane oven for some things.
This sounds like a great idea but I still have to find a propane method for cooking if we are off grid I don't feel like dragging a Gen around and since there's no place to mount one properly in my TT that's not a option, but my wife likes the idea of the convection microwave, we wish we could use our B&M appliances we have a nice convection over the range microwave but it's 6" wider than the one in the TT and our comvection double oven even if it could fit weights almost 500lb so that out the TT weights to much as it is now (7800lb) dry I would need a 1 ton to tow it at its max rating of just over 10000lb if I modified it to take household apliances at least our apliances LOL but swapping other the standard microwave in it now is a given
supertramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #6

Check Camping World. Had a portable advertised last week in the low $200's.
rrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #7

I use my covered BBQ outside...I've even done pizza in it.