Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2005, 04:19 AM   #1

Well, Bonnie Sue, Katie the black Lab and I are officially full timers again. We finished selling, pitching or storing all of the stuff last week and have been crashing this week at our seasonal site in Ortonville, MI. We will be taking short trips the remainder of the summer/early fall and then head south to Florida. One thing this lifestyle change will afford us is the chance to help Bonnie's brother & sister-in-law out with the care of her elderly mother in Naples, FL six months out of the year.

I mentioned we were becoming fulltimers again because I took an eight month sabbatical back in 1994 when we bought our first RV (1994 Bounder) and we took off and fulltimed in the southwest for much of that time. We both discovered that we loved the lifestyle and that I would retire at the earliest possible opportunity to take it up again.

2005 Chevrolet 2500 HD CC 8.1L/Allison
Alan554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2005, 04:19 AM   #2

Well, Bonnie Sue, Katie the black Lab and I are officially full timers again. We finished selling, pitching or storing all of the stuff last week and have been crashing this week at our seasonal site in Ortonville, MI. We will be taking short trips the remainder of the summer/early fall and then head south to Florida. One thing this lifestyle change will afford us is the chance to help Bonnie's brother & sister-in-law out with the care of her elderly mother in Naples, FL six months out of the year.

I mentioned we were becoming fulltimers again because I took an eight month sabbatical back in 1994 when we bought our first RV (1994 Bounder) and we took off and fulltimed in the southwest for much of that time. We both discovered that we loved the lifestyle and that I would retire at the earliest possible opportunity to take it up again.

Old 07-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Alan, good luck with your new adventure.
skeetshooter, formerly of Troy Michigan
skeetshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #4

Welcome back, Alan!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:33 AM   #5

Welcome back to the great lifestyle Alan. Just gets in your blood doesn't it?

Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:37 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by full-timer:
Welcome back to the great lifestyle Alan. Just gets in your blood doesn't it?

Joe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does. It was tough discovering eleven years ago what I was really good at was retirement. Then I went back to work and watched all these older guys turn down early retirement offers, either afraid they wouldn't have anything to do or hoping the offers would get better the next year. Not me.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #7

Hey, Alan, Bonnie Sue and Katie:

Congratulations on your new lifestyle. We'll be following with interest, all of your new experiences in this fun-sounding adventure.

My hubby and I have yet to take a trip longer than 2 weeks in length, but we are in the planning stages, for a trip out West next spring.

By the way, when you get to Florida, please look up the Florida Boomers and join us on our rallies. We usually, get together once a month and we would love to see you! You can follow our whereabouts in the "Florida Region". Just click on this link: http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3936094452

Best wishes and enjoy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan554:

I mentioned we were becoming fulltimers again because I took an eight month sabbatical back in 1994 when we bought our first RV (1994 Bounder) and we took off and fulltimed in the southwest for much of that time. We both discovered that we loved the lifestyle and that I would retire at the earliest possible opportunity to take it up again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:17 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats Alan and all. It is a great life and we have only been doing it since July. We sold our house on 29 July and are now living full time in the rv. Were still working, but do have some property in Tennessee and looking for more. Best thing is if you get sick and tired of where your at, you can pack up and leave and try some where else. Great life. Cheri hurry up and get your feet wet. And yes please do check out the Florida boomers, I'm one, we have a great time and the food is great. Safe travels.
Renegades is offline   Reply With Quote