Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2022, 02:55 PM   #29

Rexhall Owners Group
One final thought on owning the stick built. Last July, we had $6,000 in plumbing issues when a tree root took out our sewer line which is beneath the blvd. If it was in the street the job would have required a sewer contractor and cost from $25 - 35,000. So even a stick built is not without some serious financial downsides.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2022, 09:36 AM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Looking so forward to full time (most time) rv living. The lifestyle choices are as different as the people. We will all have a slightly different plan, ability or comfort level. We didnt want to go in debt to buy our first rv so, we bought a 1998 national sea breeze as our "starter coach" in 2015. Had an independent inspector go to the rv lot and give us all the good, bad and ugly so we felt pretty confident in our choice and purchase price of around $13k. DH is very mechanically inclined and was very comfy with the gaser. MH had 56k miles when we bought it and we have doubled that (still both work FT so, vacations only for now) We are in our late 50s and chomping at the bit for retirement. We did buy a cabin on a small lake in northern Michigan to have a S&B once the dream begins and I'm glad we did. It does give comfort to have the S&B option if/when we sell our primary home. (maybe not in winter.. bbuurr!). Very long story short, we have probably spent another $10k on the old gal. $7k on new roof & 2 a/C units last year but we knew that going in as our inspector told us he would guess 5 yrs max on the roof if we coated it in the first year or 2 which we did. Don't regret it at all and, oddly, we don't want to "upgrade"... so happy with it we plan to begin our full/most time in the same "starter". I realize most folks may not have wanted to buy such an old RV to begin with and i guess even fewer would not want to upgrade. Make the right choice for you! Fortunately, we will have good emergency reserves too but, I do think we would hit the road regardless of all of these factors. We just want to get the most out of our time and we both LOVE the road/rv life!. Have had several family members die very young and perspective changed quite a bit. Stay safe, be happy and enjoy your time, everyone!
Old 08-04-2022, 06:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.elliott63 View Post
Make the right choice for you! Fortunately, we will have good emergency reserves too but, I do think we would hit the road regardless of all of these factors. We just want to get the most out of our time and we both LOVE the road/rv life!. Have had several family members die very young and perspective changed quite a bit. Stay safe, be happy and enjoy your time, everyone!
EXCELLENT POST! With your attitude you'll do just fine when you take off for good!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:48 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Thank you!
Old 08-04-2022, 07:50 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
My wife is a "throw the towel" type of person. I'm at the other end of the spectrum...nothing seems to detour me. The bottom line is if you want to completely avoid things happening, then don't leave the house. If you want to experience life, then take the "stuff happens" in stride!
Must of had been quite a adventure..........over the year's

Tags
fulltime