Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 12:26 AM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Costco

We use Costco Visa CC. Then fill up at Costco where possible. With discount and cash back we feel good about our final price. Gas MH
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2019, 05:12 AM   #72

Can the tsd card be used at any station?
Does anyone know if they pull it for lack
Of use?? Like if you dont use it in a year
You lose it. I'd like to use it at my local
Mobil station just to keep it active??
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #73

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I states on the website that if you don't cancel the card, they won't either. Also on their website if they can't save you any money, you pay nothing. No annual fee, only a small percentage of the savings is charged as a transaction fee. It just has to be used for diesel at a station that accepts their card (look for the WEX or Wright's Express network sign or ask inside the station).
Old 10-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #74
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
May be a 65 cent fee from station or TSD - don't know which but I have seen that on one of my statements and someone else mentioned it on the other thread.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:37 PM   #75

Can only be used for diesel fuel in the truck lanes with truck stops they have a contract with. You can get that list everyday on their website. Besides listing the Truck stops (like Love’s, Pilot/Flying J/TA’s, etc) by state, by city, they show the price for that day.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:38 PM   #76

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
What is the 65 cent fee on some of my transactions? Some stores charge you a 65 cent fee each time you fuel. Loves does not charge that fee.
https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
Old 10-24-2019, 06:20 AM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
Very Pleased With TSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar53 View Post
Can only be used for diesel fuel in the truck lanes with truck stops they have a contract with. You can get that list everyday on their website. Besides listing the Truck stops (like Love’s, Pilot/Flying J/TA’s, etc) by state, by city, they show the price for that day.
Dutchstar is spot on with description. The service is as advertised. TSD has a trucking outfit and we RVers get to join their fleet.

We pull into a truck stop lane and insert our fueling card from TSD, enter a passcode and fuel up! The pump will show the total cost based upon the pump price. Within a day we can check online and see what we actually paid. Here is the breakdown of a recent stop:
Gallons - 39.850
Price per gallon paid - $2.649
Total charged - $105.55
Discount - $24.30

If you do the math, solve for X, divide by the hypotenuse, the pump price was $3.28. That’s a 63 cents/gallon discount. TSD took 65 cents. I will pay them their 65 cents all day long to save $24.30. Why would I mess around with nickel and dime discounts?

Downside - as Dutchstar said, you need to look at the website for who is giving the best discounts and plan you trips and refueling stops accordingly. But as the captain of your ship, route planning should be second nature.
SkipperBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #78
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
From the link that 1bigmess posted:

TSD Quote:

"What is the 65 cent fee on some of my transactions? Some stores charge you a 65 cent fee each time you fuel. Loves does not charge that fee."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
I asked your question, today, regarding expiration for nonuse. It never expires!
If you use it with the Love's card, you load the TSD acct number into the Love's app on your phone then, use the Love's app to start the pump! No swiping of any card, so more secure. And Love's gives the best discount. You can opt to include DEF in your purchase, though there isn't a discount for that product. Transaction reports are delivers to the apps almost instantly. No need to go inside at all. There's no membership fee, ever. TSD takes 10% of the discount. So if you buy 100 gallons at one fueling, and if the discount is 10% , TSD would take $1.00 of your $10.00 discount.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:56 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
The $.65 per gallon is charged at some stations and in some states. With TSD when the $.65 is involved the discount is less.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:11 PM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
Not all stations participate in the TSD fuel card program, almost all the major companies that cater to the trucking industry do. The level of discount will vary. Love's currently offers the highest, at almost $.40 per gallon.
It is not a credit card, you link a bank account with the card and then use the card directly, or through the fuel supplier app. There is no cap, well 900 gallons a day, so no cap. The TSD card pulls the funds from your account through their account. You get two transaction reports, immediately, one from the supplier with the pump cost, and one from TSD with the discount transaction. If you use Love's app and enter your TSD card number in its wallet, you can activate the pump from your cab, add DEF, or not, and get out and pump. Never go inside again, at least at Love's. It is only for diesel and only in the truck/RV lanes. The staff is wonderful and helpful and available!
Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM   #82

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am amazed that this beast still survives! Many pages ago I mentioned that my PenFed gas card seemed to have the same balance as my savings account at that same institution and wondered if they were using my savings to guarantee the card. I am retired and do not work although I have investments to live on. Being retired seems to put me in the same credit bracket as teen agers without a job, newly released felons and the newly bankrupt, even though I have enough income to keep me solvent. That sucks! Anyway I withdrew $1500 from the account just to see what happened and PenFed reduced my credit limit by that amount immediately. Come on guys......Not nice.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoona View Post
my PenFed gas card seemed to have the same balance as my savings account at that same institution and wondered if they were using my savings to guarantee the card. I am retired and do not work although I have investments to live on. Being retired seems to put me in the same credit bracket as teen agers without a job, newly released felons and the newly bankrupt, even though I have enough income to keep me solvent. That sucks! Anyway I withdrew $1500 from the account just to see what happened and PenFed reduced my credit limit by that amount immediately.

I am retired and they have not done that to mine.I have always kept just $5 in the savings account.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:39 AM   #84

Retired also, I have always kept just about $50 in savings.

Tags
fuel