Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Island Nomads:
Well we moved to BC in June 2005 and ran into exactly the same trouble! The limits and exclusions were accurate but recently Aviva came out with a fulltimers package. This package gives you $15,000 contents coverage, coverage for your bikes, your computers, your jewelry (within certain limits). While the $15,000 maximum is still ridiculous, at least they seem to be catering more to an ever growing fulltiming community.
Island Nomads,

The Aviva fulltimers package is exactly what we ended up with. Like you said, the maximum coverage is a bit low. Our old fulltimers' insurance in the US, through Progressive, was great that way... very liberal standard coverage that was easily increased by purchasing additional personal effects coverage (no itemization needed) as well as scheduled effects coverage (providing a specific list of high-ticket items, serial numbers, purchase dates & prices, etc).

Hopefully Aviva will catch on to this idea, too. Why not... they can make extra money!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #16

You don't know how good your insurance policy is untill you need it. I have Aviva and just had a theft claim. I bought full timer insurance, almost $200.00 extra, and I upped the contents to $30,000, almost $200.00 extra. They denied my claim saying they only cover things normally found in a trailer. They do not cover bicycles or any other thing not normally found in a trailer. Why did I buy extra insurance. It's all worthless. I do not recommend Aviva from experience. You don't know till you need it.
Firewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Firewarden:
You don't know how good your insurance policy is untill you need it. I have Aviva and just had a theft claim. I bought full timer insurance, almost $200.00 extra, and I upped the contents to $30,000, almost $200.00 extra. They denied my claim saying they only cover things normally found in a trailer. They do not cover bicycles or any other thing not normally found in a trailer. Why did I buy extra insurance. It's all worthless. I do not recommend Aviva from experience. You don't know till you need it.
FireWarden,

That is disheartening news. Did Aviva have any explanation of what items they considered to be "normally found in a trailer"? And how about what the "fulltimer's coverage" was supposed to cover?

If you can, it would be great to hear more about the details of your claim with them.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #18

Aviva just sent me documentation. Section 5 is property excluded. I will just share some.
Bicycles, securities, passports, jewellery, semi precious stones, watches, fur garments, sporting equipment, collectables, eyeglasses, glassware, electric current damage. There's 4 pages.
Also under personal property it says they insure personal property usual to the unit. This leaves them a lot of leeway.
So my claim dealings with them led me to believe they are a good basic insurance, but their add on insurance is worthless.
Firewarden is offline   Reply With Quote