Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood24 View Post
Ford doesn’t stand behind there vehicles, I purchased a 2016 F150 with the ecoboost 2.7L. 1200 KM the engine started idling rough. 16 weeks my truck sat at the dealership as they tried to fix it. They promised me they would buy it back from me & compensate me for missing a summer towing our trailer. In the end they replace the whole motor and then told me to go fly a kite basically. A few days after I got the truck back it was very cold outside and none of the doors would lock or unlock. My son almost fell out the door. We had a bungee cord it shut. Sold it and will never purchase another Ford product as long as I live.
A quick search shows that the 2016 2.7 had leaky valve guides, that caused a rough idle. Maybe at the time they were helping you, they didn't quite know what the problem was yet, and you might have just had a bad dealer as well. I'll bet they were deluged with other people with the same problem, and we're trying to figure out what to do about it. Meanwhile, the rest of their engines were probably working just fine.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #44

I decided to get out of Nebraska and spend the rest of the time waiting with friends and family. Maybe the rv with get hit by lightning or go up in flames. I drove 750 miles today and so much better to get out of Nebraska. Another 850 scheduled tomorrow. Can’t get far enough away from it all. Told the shop to call me if it ever gets fixed. This whole thing was taxing me mentally and was best to get away than let it spiral me into depression.
I won’t be posting any more updates. Thanks to the folks posting positive comments. To the ones posting negative stuff well I hope nothing like this ever happens to you. Or maybe you are just better than I am.
Best wishes to all regardless.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:54 PM   #45

Now Nebraska is to blame? Computerguy, I wish you well, but I think you're carrying a dark cloud over your head. I hope you spend some peaceful time with your family and friends, and think back on what's been going on. I also hope your motorhome is not hit by lightning, because if you're going to sell it you want it to be in good shape. Safe travels.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
Now Nebraska is to blame? Computerguy, I wish you well, but I think you're carrying a dark cloud over your head.
... and you wouldn't with the big expenses?

I think he mentioned glad to get out of Nebraska just to get away from the whole mess.

Very few people would would have an uplifting feeling when their home is not usable.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
... and you wouldn't with the big expenses?

I think he mentioned glad to get out of Nebraska just to get away from the whole mess.

Very few people would would have an uplifting feeling when their home is not usable.
You have made some good points here. I'm not sure how many other people could have maintained their sanity if they had gone through what the OP has. I don't blame him one bit for wanting to get away from it all.
The fact the second engine failed soon after starting and running it does bother me though. Is there something wrong which caused the first failure and the same problem exists and caused the second engine to fail? It's hard to tell when you aren't there with hands on and an eye on the whole issue. I hope the installers aren't missing something and a third engine is out there waiting to get destroyed. There is plenty of blame to go around but who is really to blame? Time will tell but I sincerely hope the second failure was a fluke, the third engine purrs like a kitten, the coach is ready to go soon and the OP can put all this behind him chalked up as a bad experience and resume his lifestyle.
To the OP: I hope this all works out for you. All of us would like to keep following along and be able to celebrate the final conclusion with you. Please stay with us and keep us updated. We're all pulling for you.
Old 08-06-2022, 06:08 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
You purchased this new from a motorhome dealership, and on the way home you had the problem? Why didn't you just drive it back to that dealership and tell them to fix it, or get you a different motorhome? All manufacturers are having supply chain issues, it's not just Ford.
We purchased our MH in Carson City, NV and we live in Magnolia, TX 1820 miles away. We were several hundred miles from the dealership when the Ford problem showed up. I contacted the service manager at the dealership and we both agreed it was safe to continue our drive home and I would take it to a Ford dealership in Houston. As previously explained there in NO Ford dealership in Houston that services Class A MHs. Can you imagine as many Class A Ford MH chassis in the Houston area and no way to get warranty service or service at all. Can you imagine Ford can not even get a hub(part no. lu9z1102a).
ElmondTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:05 AM   #49

Like so many other things the hub is probably made in China. You might hold your hand on your butt until it grows there before you ever see a hub.
When we open places up in this country to make things here we may see an availability of parts. Until then we're under someone else's control.
We're not exactly #1 on China's hit parade right now.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Like so many other things the hub is probably made in China. You might hold your hand on your butt until it grows there before you ever see a hub.
When we open places up in this country to make things here we may see an availability of parts. Until then we're under someone else's control.
We're not exactly #1 on China's hit parade right now.
A collision repair center manager told me (doesn't mean it's a fact) thatl after initial build, all other Ford parts are made in Taiwan. I could have misunderstood if he really meant all parts or I'm off on many levels.

I thought getting a fender, hood and bumper for an E350 chassis would be easier than the plastic headlight assembly and some small miscellaneous parts.... nope...he had those parts within a week and the big metal parts (you would think would be available someplace in the US, Canada or Mexico) took over 2 months. So what the guy said made some sense to me.

Out of the collision centers I went and got in person estimates from, they all said it could take a couple weeks in normal times, but during the Pandemic, they couldn't begin to guess how long based on the totally random parts backlogs.
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:49 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmondTX1 View Post
We purchased our MH in Carson City, NV and we live in Magnolia, TX 1820 miles away. We were several hundred miles from the dealership when the Ford problem showed up. I contacted the service manager at the dealership and we both agreed it was safe to continue our drive home and I would take it to a Ford dealership in Houston. As previously explained there in NO Ford dealership in Houston that services Class A MHs. Can you imagine as many Class A Ford MH chassis in the Houston area and no way to get warranty service or service at all. Can you imagine Ford can not even get a hub(part no. lu9z1102a).
I have several large Ford dealerships within a half hour drive that promote the fact that they service Class A's. I also purchased my motorhome (a Class C) from a dealership only about 10 minutes away. I can't imagine making such a large purchase from a dealership that is 1,800 miles from home, when everyone knows you ALWAYS have some issues with new motorhomes that will need to be addressed. So because you chose to purchase out of state, and you're particular area doesn't have Ford dealerships that service Class A's, isn't Ford's fault..

By the way, I'm in the major appliance field, and we can't get parts either, and people are still waiting up to 6 months or longer to get certain new appliances that aren't in stock. That's just a sign of our current times, not Ford's fault. You're probably talking about a part that needs a chip.

Tags
ford, v10