Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #15

Its 75 feet total length most places
go4dsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4dsnow View Post
Its 75 feet total length most places
Not trying to argue, but looking at the state towing law summary at:
State Towing Laws for RVs
I think 65' or less is more common than 75 feet.

Pondering the conundrum ...
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
I worried entering CA because I had read so many posts about CA patrolmen having a tape measure at the ready for MCs that look long. That said, I've been in the state for three weeks now, including going through two of the inspection station/Border Patrol sites and a couple of toll booths, and other than a long look at number of axles, no issues.

I have made it a point though to check routes against the CA DOT length limits (40 foot coaches).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #18

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay L View Post
We full timed for about 12 years and then decided it was time to get off the road. We bought a house in CO two summers ago and spend last summer there. We spent the winter in AZ but have decided we are ready to sell the rig. . We wholeheartedly agree about hating yard work and we took care of that issue by xeriscaping (desert landscaping) most of the property. There is an underground sprinkler system using irrigation water to the few plants and a couple of fruit trees. We didn't really miss the S&B until the last year or so. Full timing was so much fun that we ignored the things that you have to put up while living in a small space. Like having to move two or three things to get to something else, very little counter space, no dish washer, having to use a laundromat, etc, etc. It was a blast for 11 years but now we really appreciate the convenience of the house. We have a robot vacuum cleaner and mopper. We plan to have someone come in to do more cleaning about once a month. My wife has a room dedicated to her building miniatures hobby and I have a 20 X 30 heated shop with all of my woodworking and electronic equipment along with my reloading stuff. I am sure glad we were lucky enough to be able live the full timing lifestyle but things run their course we are starting a new phase in our life.
Clay, thanks for your entry. It is pretty much inline with the kind of thinking that I'm doing about my future lifestyle.

I think many RVers do the due diligence on going fulltiming, but they may ignore the fact that eventually, because of health or some other reason, we must abandon that lifestyle. So, I worry about not just starting the fulltiming lifestyle but also what happens when I must go back to an S&B.

So, for now, my plan is to try to rent the S&B and use part of the rental income to pay for the fulltiming. Then, when the time is right, the original S&B can be sold and a more appropriate one chosen for the final trip in life. What better way to find the location for the final S&B than exploring the country with an RV ...

Keeping the original S&B and renting via a real estate management company, in my opinion, is better than just selling and hoping that the money from the sale of the S&B can be invested safely ...

cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:52 AM   #19

My wife and I keep tossing this question around about when we want to start fulltiming. We are only 48 and 44 respectively but want to start before we hit retirement in our 60's. We already know we're going to fulltime it's just the question of when. We're going the 42' + DP route when it's time because we love our space. For now we plan on buying something smaller to dip our toes in the water then jump in later. We've done stacks of research so we won't be blindsided plus we've compiled lots of info from the good people here at iRV2 to sort through. We love the idea of being able to pull up levelers and take off at a monents notice. We love to travel and this is a good way to do it. So that's our story and we're sticking to it.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #20

My DW and I do upwards of 40 shows (horse, dog, rodeo, etc) each year. We haul the business in a 24'+ trailer behind the Jayco Seneca (38'+).

The Seneca has most of the 'creature comforts' (washer/dryer, 3 tv's, ice maker, etc). Since we live and work out of the MH, we decided we wanted things to be a comfortable as possible.

We are both 71 this year and will probably make this our lifestyle until our health starts to give us some grief (hopefully at least another 20 years).

See us in Sheridan, WYO in July.....

Lew
Texas Vet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time