Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #1

Full timers using Idaho as home base

I recently retired in California under CalPERS disability. I have been looking at using Idaho as a home base using my moms address. Anyone know if Idaho counts disability retirement as income? Some states don't. I would hate to pay income tax just for the use of an address. :-)

Thanks all. I get some great help on this forum.

Brandi

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't know the answer to your question but I can tell you that if Idaho doesn't work out South Dakota has no income tax & is very RV friendly (meaning that there's no special driver's test to legally drive an RV, they accept a mail forwarding address as a valid address, you walk out of the DMV with your permanent driver's license the day you apply vs. having it mailed to you, and they are very flexible about jury duty).
Old 05-30-2014, 02:21 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Google can be your friend:
https://www.google.com/search?num=40...10.fs9nuI0LQBE

State-by-State Guide to Taxes on Retirees - Idaho -Kiplinger

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If you are in CA then register in CA. CA is a very strict state for lots of things and that includes vehicle things. Case in point --- we bought an RV in AZ from a couple that had a CO title. CA required us to not only get a letter from AZ to prove that it had not been registered there but also MI since our licenses are MI. When we talked to MI about it they said "Yes CA is known for wanting those letters". Funny that they want us to get them ourselves since they could tell us that it had originally been bought and registered in CA back in 1993.

Oh and CA does accept our FL mail forwarding service address for sending things to. I am surprised that they don't want one of those letters from FL too .... I am not even going to suggest it as they may decide to want one just because.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #5

BFlinn thank you for the link. I checked the Idaho tax dept web site and found the same thing. Was just hoping some one would know something else positive. If I didn't have to pay some business to accept my mail, then that would be better. I trust my mom better than a mail forwarding service. Not sure yet where I will call home.

Thanks all for your information and input.

Brandi

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time