Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Full-Timing

Does anyone know of a Facebook page that is STRICTLY for Full-Timers, with that pre-requisite for joining. I belong to a number of other sites, but find a lot of weekenders, part-timers, snowbirds, and wannabees clutter up serious questions and discussions with post that are not appropriate through inexperience or ignorance toward full-time situations. I realize that newbies and wannabees are trying to gather info too, but there are tons of "other" sites that offer this opportunity. I'm speaking strictly to the full-time 24/7/365 crowd.
free2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe FaceBook has the capability to somehow STRICTLY limit the membership of a page. Sounds like the kind of thing which would require an administrator, etc.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
So what's the question that you can't post here where there are a lot of fulltimers or post on Escapees or another site that focuses on fulltimers. You're question might be of help to those who are thinking about fulltiming and are lurking.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #4

Howdy!

"Full-Time RVers " is a group on FB you might be looking for.

"Hapy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:00 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
So what's the question that you can't post here where there are a lot of fulltimers or post on Escapees or another site that focuses on fulltimers. You're question might be of help to those who are thinking about fulltiming and are lurking.

Barb
No specifics at this time, but I'm beginning to think that this is the only place I can get reliable answers about full-time specifics without a passel of some-timers giving input that isn't from a full-timer experience base. The other day I mentioned some challenges with direct TV, and I had a few dozen responses from weekenders and some-timers using the equipment from their home when they went out. Maybe I'm too thin skinned, but in my initial posting, I mentioned that I was full-timing and our motor-home was our home base and asked that only those that were full-timers respond. Well, it just didn't happen. I guess that's just life & i have to put up with it in this day and age. I don't get upset with wannabees lurking to learn, etc., I used to do it. But it just hit me wrong, when they spoke up "out of turn", some with no real input of value and I started looking around.
free2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:33 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by free2wander View Post
The other day I mentioned some challenges with direct TV,
I couldn't find any of your past post on irv2 that you ask about DirecTV.
You must have been on some other RV Forums with that question.

You might look for some Full Time only in Yahoo Groups?

I have Full Timed with DirecTV for 15 years now.
Use 4 different receivers in my MH for 5 TV's. They all use the new SWM system.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #7

You might want to try the forum for your RV. I have a Landmark 5er and belong to the Heartland forum, which like here, has a specific fulltimers section. As for non FTers chiming in, I am sure they are all trying to help. We have been FTing now for 2 months and have asked a lot of questions both on here and Heartland. If someone gives advice that does not help, I just skip over it and read the next reply. Even with FTers there are a lot of different reasons why people FT, which just means living in an RV, all the time. Some are retired, some moving with their job, some are singles, some married, some with kids. There is no way to ask a question that focuses specifically on your particular problem or question. For example, Direct TV, do you want just SD, or HD (which requires a SWM dish). Is you RV prewired for a sat system? Lots of variables just for Direct TV. Another thing that a lot people do not do is search in the forums for the question before posting a it since most questions already have been asked and answered. Anyway, have fun FTing, we sure are.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #8

Well I for one am more than grateful to the kindness of so many full timers that extended sharing their knowledge of so very much experience they'd gained over the years to save some of us "newbies" the hassles of learning it all by trial and error both on time and pocket books.

So a HUGE THANK YOU to all you full timers that have kindly tolerated us what were once newbies over the years and on behalf of the many newbies to come also.

Reading even your full timing debates, questions and queries has increased all our knowledge should we encounter "challenges" similar down the road.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Well I for one am more than grateful to the kindness of so many full timers that extended sharing their knowledge of so very much experience they'd gained over the years to save some of us "newbies" the hassles of learning it all by trial and error both on time and pocket books.

So a HUGE THANK YOU to all you full timers that have kindly tolerated us what were once newbies over the years and on behalf of the many newbies to come also.

Reading even your full timing debates, questions and queries has increased all our knowledge should we encounter "challenges" similar down the road.

X2! If it were not for these forums we would be lost. We have learned a tremendous amount from all that "learned" knowledge from everyone.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Serengeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #10

Me 3

Me 3,
We purchased our first class A this spring, oh sure we've had a fold down and a really old TT and even an Airstream (1975) before we moved up to a class C so you see we've got lots of experience,
OF COURSE NOT, This is a whole new game, Diesel pusher 40 feet long 30 thousand pound all kind of equipment I've never used while camping RVing.
I have some experience driving big trucks with diesel but I am no diesel mechanic and have never had to work on one or on all the other fancy RV stuff upstairs, and in the past 4 or 5 month's I learned more from all the knowledgeable Fulltimers here then I could have learned in any course because it was all subject specific!
I hope I can over time return the favour But I am certainly not going to sit behind a FullTimer wall trying to keep the newbies at bay. BTJMO.

Thanks again everyone!
Best regards,
Ed and Debbie

and their,
RVingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
You've found it!
Look no further.

Ph.D. Psychology, Applied Sports Psychology
Old 09-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to JMacy
"Full time" means different things to different people.
For example, I talked to a full timer who spent five months a year in his MH and seven months in a park model in mobile home park.
Another lived in his 5th wheel, but had been in same Rv park for three years.
We travel and don't stay more than a few weeks in any one spot.
So you need to be sure when you talk to someone you ken no what they mean by FT.
We call ourselves full time travelers to let people know what kind of FTer we are.

Ph.D. Psychology, Applied Sports Psychology
Old 09-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We were all newbies. .nuff said
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
We were all newbies. .nuff said