Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hard to go back.

Since taking delivery of our new to us MH we have been living in it. Took it out for a shake down drive but had to cut the trip short. Back home we decided to remain in the RV as if still on the road. I am finding it hard to end camping and go back into house. I have refused to go near it. I want to stay in the MH fulltime but it needs to go into the shop for the items on our shakedown list of things that need addressing.

The dogs have taken nicely to the MH so the transition would be smooth. Now more ducks to get in a row and talk more about going FT.

Will be taking a full month in Jan. to see more about FT'ing. The expectations are exciting. I am confident that after thus trip the urge will be stronger to make the move.

Just my feelings and thoughts.
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #2

Sounds like your feelings are similar to my DW's, after 5 months , snowbirding in the coach ; have to drag her ; kicking and screaming ; back into the S & B.
DW, feels the only advantage of the house is the dishwasher, and she keeps wanting one installed in the coach. Then I'll never get her out.
But as Canadians ; we can't full time and expect to be able to travel the USA; [Moderator Edit] Right now the house is cheaper to maintain than renting another living space; to comply with USA regulations of a closer connection to Canada; and when travel time is done, , It'll be here to finish off in.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

You have joined the cult! That's what happened to us, we had a house and had plans to buy 40 acres, subdivide it and build a house every 2 years, selling the house we just built. We bought a 38' 5'r to live in while we built the houses. We used it a few times for vacations and long weekends and found out we never wanted to go home. Hmmmm, we sold the house, gave up the option on the land, quit our jobs and went fulltime March 9, 2006. No regrets, really like the life. We found out that without a retirement income it can be rather expensive, DUH. So, we volunteered as park hosts and got free camping. DH went back to working 5 to 6 months of the year and we travel 6 months. I wouldn't change a thing, it's great, we have no plans to settle down anytime soon.
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
MPH

Shaz, you are a gal after my own heart. I look forward to reading your posts about your foray into MH living.

We are now actively looking for our perfect MH, probably a 32' mini-C. DW is not wanting to learn to drive a Class A right now, and is pretty much stuck on the Class C idea. We have talked about doing the C for a couple of years and then upgrading to a Class A. We'll see.

Anyway, congrats on your new motorhome. Hang on and stay in that beautiful coach as long as you want! Why not?!!!

Congrats again!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Shaz, you are a gal after my own heart. I look forward to reading your posts about your foray into MH living.

We are now actively looking for our perfect MH, probably a 32' mini-C. DW is not wanting to learn to drive a Class A right now, and is pretty much stuck on the Class C idea. We have talked about doing the C for a couple of years and then upgrading to a Class A. We'll see.

Anyway, congrats on your new motorhome. Hang on and stay in that beautiful coach as long as you want! Why not?!!!

Congrats again!

Mel
Mel,
I have to tell you that our first RV was a class C and I drove it maybe 3 times in 7 years we had it. I find driving the A we have now so much easier and less intimidating.

DW should test drive what ever your looking at. Most important is floor plan. Ya gotta get in it and really look and make like your cooking and where things will go. Touch it, feel it and play with it.

Take your time. When the right one shows up you will know it. The one we bought was the lowest on our list and it quickly moved to the top.

Our attitude was we are in no rush and we don't need an RV so that helped with being able to walk a way if we had too and we walked away from 2 before finding the Desert Drifter. We can't wait to get her back for the next Trip even if its a trip to the other side of our property. (Grins)

Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
We started RVing in the mid 70s! We never stopped but about six years ago we recognized that we looked forward to the RV trips but not the return to the house. Our children and grandchildren were scattered all over the nation. So we had an estate sale, sold the house and hit the road. We have not regretted our decision. Last year DW was diagnosed with cancer. It slowed us down while she went through radiation and chemo but she is cancer free and we are back to what we enjoy the most. Don't waste your life worrying about "what ifs". Just get going and make the most of the what the RV life has to offer!
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I can think of a lot worse things then being addicted to RVing. As many in here have said in their signatures, "home is where I park it".

If you are truly enjoying the RV life FT, then continue it, and Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote