Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #1

Have we missed our S&B home?

Well we have been fulltiming since December 2013. Not very long but we keep getting asked if we miss our Stick and brick home. Well we have not missed it at all up until noon when it poured "cats and dogs." I miss the garage with auto door opener with direct access to the house. LOL But we will survive. Actually I still would not give up fulltiming. Too much to see and way too many people to get to know.

Take care all and try to stay dry.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
A place to hang out.......

Maybe a enclosed trailer (garage) for you to mess around in on those rainy days? You still would have to make a run for the front door, or if you had enough beer with you in the trailer..........wait for the rain to quit and keep waxing the auto.........
Wireless intercom in case the DW want you for anything
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #3

Palehorse, I like the way you think. I guess I better brave the rain and get more beer.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #4

Yes I dearly miss my Sticks and Bricks. Eleven+ years fulltime now and no more; grassmower, snow shovel, painting, cleaning gutters, filling 1000 gallon heating oil tank, property taxes, utility bills, same view out the windows. This fulltime lifestyle offers none of things I used to love.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
We missed our S&B terribly, for the first ten minutes of freedom, 7 years ago.

Since then? Not once.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #6

Rolling around since 2011 and meeting new folks in this great country. C'mon its great. No regrets.
jerryhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
our third year....winter in Florida, springtime in California, Yellowstone in the summer/fall. Seeing unbelievable sites....only thing I really NOT miss is the mail!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Almost a year and no regrets yet. No yard, no garden, no taxes, no house maintenance, etc. So now, I walk the days, relax, read, meet people and enjoy life.

Ken
Old 04-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #9

16 years with no regrets! It's a wonderful lifestyle to be absolutely free!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #10

The home we sold in March 2006 was the first new home we had ever owned. I spent so much time decorating it to perfection (in my opinion). When we pulled away on March 9, 2006 all I felt was relief. We were just working to pay the mortgage, mow the grass, shovel some snow, touch up paint, pull weeds, please our demanding bosses etc, etc. We've been fulltime ever since and have no plans to settle down. We usually spend our time in the western US, in 2011 we headed to the east coast, what a great trip and how beautiful this country is. This lifestyle is not for everyone, too bad for them!
missourijan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We will be coming into Full-timing by Oct-Nov, SELL the S&B and hit the road, Hope to enjoy what all you have. Can't wait
Heck maybe even sooner.
Thanks,Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #12

We are almost 2 years into it and have mixed feelings about the whole thing. It has not been as rosey as we expected.

This year's trip out west has been an absolute nightmare. When the motorhome has a problem, and your one day minor repair turns into a 38 day/4000 mile disaster filled with one disappointment after another, and you spend more than one week in a motel, living out of a suitcase, while your food spoils and unknown mechanics are in and out of your private space that contains all of your belongings in the world without you even being there. Then you get the big bill, which goes from $1300 to $2800 to $3900 to even more...and all the effort spent on staying in $35/night campgrounds goes flying out the window. Couple that with a few visits to the emergency room or urgent care...and you wish that you were back in the comfort, safety and familiarity of that stick and brick.

But hey...things always get better, right? The DW always asks me if I would rather be mowing the grass. The answer is a definite NO!
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're about to close on selling our house on 15.3 acres. I'm glad to get away from: moving stuff, trying to keep up this much acreage, taxes, boring country living, upkeep, maintenance, utilities, the hassle of selling, lack of friends, the Texas summer heat and 20+ more reasons. Come on Full Timing (starting in late May).
Old 04-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #14

The is our second year with an RV but we have been full time only six months. I thought I'd miss my three car garage and work shop. My wife thought she would miss here extensive gardens. These have been replaced with hiking, biking, kayaking, entertaining new (and now some old) friends, and sitting around a camp fire discussing nearly every topic imaginable.
The simplicity of our new life style if very freeing. I supposed we could have done that in the S&B but some how didn't.
Perhaps when our health dictates, and it inevitably will, well get another house but this life style has thought us a few things. We will continue to live simply, be involved with the community, make new friends, and be thankful that we can live what ever life we have at the time.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote