Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Hey fulltimers! Summer plans??

Hi ALL!!

This iRV2 Fulltimer thread has seemed stuck on "Where We Are Now", so, thought I'd TRY to get us OUT of our winter hibernation phase by finding out what YOUR summer travel plans might be.

To start:

Wife and I are (like many of you I suppose) still waiting out the abatement of winter up North.....and it sure seems to be hangin on, don't it!!

We're presently 'stuck' in ol Florida, fighting the pollen storm which turns the rig and toad GREENER every day, although it's starting to diminish. Doesn't bother me so much, but my better half has pretty much been bottled up in the rig for a month or better.....isn't much fun for her.

Anyway, we'll be headin N. to Indiana for a visit to our rig's birthplace (factory) for a little warranty stuff, before migrating over to visit family up in good ol Duluth, Minn. through most of July. Then it'll be SW to Mitchell, S.D. for wife's family visit before headin West to "Da Ranch" (Hart Ranch) near Rushmore. CAN'T WAIT ...WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE BLACK HILLS!!

Then, come Sept. or Oct., we'll migrate S. (don't know which route yet) toward Arizona to spend next winter with the coyotes.

So.....where are YOU heading this summer season???

Steve & Lynette
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I had plans on workamping in Washington but I am having a problem with my right hip so may have to put that off. If I put it off I will hang around Utah until its better, than do some fishing and make plans for the winter. Not sure if we will get out of the state before next winter.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, Mt.Man: So, it sounds as if you're now in Utah??? Did ya spend the winter there? ......AND.....most important, where do ya fish? Steve & Lynette
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #4

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am in Utah I spent the winter in Bouse, Az, been back here for a month now. I do a lot of river fishing in Utah, many places, a favorite is the streams coming into Moonlake and Yellowstone Creek.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We spent most of the winter in Bouse just down the street from Lee and Fran. Spent one month in Benson visiting some friends.

Right now we are on our way to Idaho for our third summer as volunteer camp hosts at Lake Cascade State park.
Only going to be there half the summer this year because we are going to NH to visit two of our kids and their families.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Mt.Man:
Boy, I GOTTA look you up when we get into your neck of the woods. Where is Moonlake and Yellowstone Creek....NW Utah??

ClayL:
BOY! You guys are going to be covering some country. We really like the NH area. Where in NH do your kids live??

Steve & Lynette

Old 04-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Mt.Man:
Boy, I GOTTA look you up when we get into your neck of the woods. Where is Moonlake and Yellowstone Creek....NW Utah??

ClayL:
BOY! You guys are going to be covering some country. We really like the NH area. Where in NH do your kids live??

Steve & Lynette

One lives in a small town outside of Concord and the other lives in Nashua. We usually stay in a RV park in Webster that is sort of centrally located.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
We're in Bass Lake, CA right now, working our way up the West Coast. We had frost last night! A little early for this area, but next week we head for Sonoma Valley and a few days of wine tasting - our only problem is we don't have room for all of the wine we will want to purchase. THANK GOODNESS!

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, Barb & Dave: Re: the wine storage problem you mentioned....WE TOO ran into the same issue after hitting the Wine Cave on the main street up in Depot Bay, OR. Funny how many cases ya can quickly fill up in one of those places...eh??? Steve & Lynette
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #10

We head out to New Mexico (near Albuquerque) in May.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, Lorna!!!

Boy, anyone that can spell......... ALBUQUERQUE.........SURE has my admiration!! Have fun. Steve
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
We are in Bannig, CA heading up the Sequoia National Park Area, Then the San Francisco area for a couple of weeks, than head over to Salt Lake City for a bit than on to Cody, WY from there Mt Rushmore area before heading to Factory for non warranty work week of June 22.
Waiting for Grandkids to decide where they want to go this summer, only planed trip is the FMCA NEAR Rally in Essex JCT, VT in Aug.
Will be at home base for about 2 weeks of vacation after summer with G-kids.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
read & learn:

We're scheduled into the factory on June 15th but will likely be gone by the time you arrive. Would have been fun meeting you. Have a great time in VT. Steve & Lynette
Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #14

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Chickadee, Moonlake and Yellowstone Creek are both in the Northeast section of Utah with a mountain between them. You get to both of them from the same main road going north.
We have made some changes to our summer plans now and are going to make a run to South Dakota in June or July to get a change or address and driver licenses.