Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #15

If you are on any long term maintenance medications (blood pressure, etc.) having one doctor who will keep the refills coming is a nice convenience. You will probably need to see the doctor annually.
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may carry them with you abut also scan them and get a MEDIC ALERT account. I am going to upgrade my Medic alrert next renwal so that I can send everything to them and let 'em scan it in (Easier than doing it myself)

but carry a copy for your self.. Also, consider a membership in MASA.. MASA (medial Air Services Assn I think) out of Flordia is a company that provides Transportation support in the event of medical emergencies. Services include:
Original Evacuation (Ambulance from scene of where it happend to 1st Hospital, and 2nd if needed) they cover what insurance does not.
Fly home to long term care facility near your house: Covered

Transport of RV to your home: Covered (They pay a porter, Gas and even an oil change.. Drive it yourself they pay gas)

Worst case (My wife died away from "home" they pay to fly the body/ashes back to the home location and deliver to morturary or cemetery..

IN my case they paid for the gas for the motor home The ashes road in the passenger seat. But I do understand not all folks can do that. and so do they. In fact.. I strongly suspect I'm not normal in that respect.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #17

I would want to deliver the ashes myself as well. Leaving them to UPS seems cold.
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
We are going to make some templates and print them out that will have information on where our RV is etc. Emergency contact information of course.
Excellent idea. We did that and know of many full-timers who have done it.

We made a form on the computer with pertinent telephone/emergency contact information - where we're parked; when we expect to leave; and if known, listing a couple of next stops. As full-timers we always left this information with our kids, also, so that they knew where we were and what direction we planned to drive. Since we stayed off interstates and traveled secondary roads and also boondocked a lot on national forest and BLM lands, without this information, finding us wouldn't be easy. It made the kids feel better and us, too.

One form was put in the RV and one in the car.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
Why don't you have a regular physician that you see at least annually?
I'm not the OP, but will answer that question: Because I neither want nor need one.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote