Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #1

Is it possible to fulltime in a 25 foot RV?

I have a job pays decently but the reason for going 25 foot RV is simply economics and to get me going faster. My job actually embraces the RV lifestyle and it's just me living on my own and I'm wondering what a 25 foot suffice?
1lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #2

It sure is possible to fulltime in a 25' RV. There are folks out there that do it in less. You are to be commended for staying within your financial means. All the best to you as you move forward from here.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

I guess it would depend on how much "stuff" you have with you. For a single person, I suppose that size could work. Are you going to have any long term guests or perhaps man's best friend (dog not girl) along? These may affect how comfortable you are in that size coach. How about when it's raining heavily and you are trapped inside for a couple of days? You have to decide. Are you planning on towing a vehicle? It's something of a PITA disconnecting to go get groceries, etc.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Anything is possible. Just how much "stuff" do you need? Also, I do not know of very many "full-time" RVs that small. you might look at Arctic Fox.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 AM   #6

25 might be a bit snug but I've met folks full timing in a VW camper. Things to consider is there room for all your must haves and how you plan to park. Will you have hookups? If not look at tank sizes.

Good luck.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #7

I may be forced to consider larger for full timing.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #8

Another thing you might want to consider is that your post gave me the impression that you were contemplating full-timing simply as a means of saving money. I note that because much of what is enjoyable about the RV lifestyle has to do with traveling and experiencing new things. Doing that I personally could full-time in a smaller unit, but if I was living in a mostly stationary RV trying to cram by entire life inside then... not so much. RVs make great mobile houses and not-so-great fixed ones. If any of this rings true then you might want to consider a reasonably-priced apartment, it might be more economical in the long run... especially if you end up buying and then bailing on the RV idea.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Are you asking about a 25' TT, 5er, class A-B-C?
For Full time?
25' with slide outs or no slide outs?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Are you asking about a 25' TT, 5er, class A-B-C? For Full time? 25' with slide outs or no slide outs?
class a b or c
Old 12-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The smaller the RV the easier it is to use as a daily driver as well as a place to sleep. The big issue is storage. A class A has an abundant amount of basement storage for carrying things like a grill and outdoor tables and chairs. Face it, you'll be spending a lot of your time outside.

You might look into a smaller Class A or even a towable so then you have something you can hook up and still have something to get around in
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
THe answer depends.

Just you, 25' should do, you and spouse, likely doable, you, spouse and half a dozen kids... No, I don't think so.

Oh, and please, NO BIG DOGS.. I mean I've seen many RVers with dogs that were darn near bigger than their trailer (Ok, that is streatching it a bit but Im a 6'+ 300 pound ex dairy farm boy with xxx size hands and Roudy, the Malmute, his paws were bigger than my hands.)
Old 12-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I mean I've seen many RVers with dogs that were darn near bigger than their trailer ...
Or those with 3-4 small dogs, which is just about as bad.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #14

The spouse and I plan on fulltiming in a 25 foot RV pulling a toad beginning in May 2014. The toad will be used for some storage. We really like each other, plus making an outdoor living space is likely essential. We have a 10'x10' canopy with bug screens and a sunshade for one side.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fulltime