Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #15

Some issues could be regional, not that it helps if your origination is always the same.
Here in MI UPS is amazing, near 100% perfection. FedEX make excuses on every other package. USPS pretty much is worthless.
USPS is playing a new game too. We have 6 day a week delivery, but I noticed that 5 days each week we only get junk. One day, Wednesday in my case, we get everything else. Like everyone else we are changing the way we do things to avoid getting burned by USPS' inabilities. I'm pretty much down to Government and Medical only in the mail because my options with them are limited. If I really need something quick, a situation I try to avoid, I make sure it isn't shipped in a way that involves USPS.
Adaycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2022, 05:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaycj View Post
Some issues could be regional, not that it helps if your origination is always the same.
If I really need something quick, a situation I try to avoid, I make sure it isn't shipped in a way that involves USPS.

It's getting harder to avoid that last statement. Both FedEx and UPS have last mile agreements which involve the USPS. You could have something shipped by either one and it still ends up with the post office.
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
It's getting harder to avoid that last statement. Both FedEx and UPS have last mile agreements which involve the USPS. You could have something shipped by either one and it still ends up with the post office.
FedEx's Smart Post and UPS's mail innovations are options that a shipper can choose. If a shipper is honest with you before they ship the package, you shouldn't get caught by surprise with these services. I've noticed that most vendors that use these services label their shipping generically. Much in the same way that USPS doesn't seem to lose or massively delay as many Amazon packages, they also seem to have better success rates with UPS and FedEx packages.
Adaycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaycj View Post
FedEx's Smart Post and UPS's mail innovations are options that a shipper can choose. If a shipper is honest with you before they ship the package, you shouldn't get caught by surprise with these services. I've noticed that most vendors that use these services label their shipping generically. Much in the same way that USPS doesn't seem to lose or massively delay as many Amazon packages, they also seem to have better success rates with UPS and FedEx packages.

While true, almost every package I have received that used the last mile option there was no notice that it was being used by the shipper. I have noticed that it seems to be smaller companies that use this option but not always.
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
LOL I would like to see some evidence of what you say, but I know it doesnt exist. For years when I worked there the USPS was on a three year plan. Whenever they raised rates they raised them enough with the expectation that they would make money the first year, break even the second year, and lose what they made the first year the third year, and the cycle would be repeated as costs rose.

However, in 2006 the US Congress passed and the President signed a law that required the USPS to make a payment of about 6 billion each year to the US Treasury for future retiree benefits, even to the point where the payments would cover the retirement benefits for 75 years into the future. Not only did the law do that, but limited rate increases.
They average a loss of about 9.7 billion a year. As a business they would be have been gone years ago. But we'll keep paying to keep them around. I know you have a special interest in them, I understand that.
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:24 AM   #20

I used to work for a company that manufactured equipment that was used in the USPS P&DC’s - their bulk mail processing centers. Early ‘90’s.
The public has no business being in a P&DC.

They had big banners hanging “we are a self-sufficient business, we take no tax dollars ”. When I asked “If the business is self-sufficient and you take no tax dollars, then why is it all the vehicles used have US Government license tags on them?”.

Crickets.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:21 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpend View Post

Ok. What a pain. Instead of the family member dropping the package into the 24 hour 7 day a week package bin at the local post office while on the way to work school etc, they now have to stop during business hours, get into the long line at the post office (our local post office is always busy).

Just of word of warning to those travelers out there that use a similar system.

Regards and Safe Travels
To use Priority Mail each package must have a unique address entered at the time the mail is sent. Just use the Kiosk at the Post Office, type in the address where it is going (after selecting appropriate Priority Mail size) and the kiosk will print out the Label. You can put in ink the name above General Delivery on the address label. Then dump it in the bin for packages. Works very well, have the receipt sent to whatever email you want.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test