Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Moving on to Ft Worth Texas

It looks like my wifes next job assignment will be in Ft Worth TX from Oct 25th to the end of Jan. Can anyone recommend a campground, rv park, or mobile home/rv park in the NE or N or NW area of Ft Worth. I have researched parks & there seems to be plenty of options within 30 min of downtown in all directions. However we both fly quite a bit also, so not being to far from the DFW airport would be a plus. I found one campground the Vineyards that would fit the bill. Except they do not offer monthly rates and at the daily rate they are just way out of range for us.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:11 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
a friend of mine stayed at Sunset Rv Park, just west of downtown.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #3

Treetops or the KOA in Arlington are your best in that ft worth area. Look at the one in 'Weatherford and see if it fits in. It is a good un.

If you are just looking for a space, try I-35W up at Ponder. Many workers and fulltimers live there. I dont remember the name, maybe someone else does.

I really think you should stay at Vineyards if you can get in(or treetops), for a couple of days and research the area where you will be and the parks that might fit for you for long term. Like most major cities, there are places you DONT want to stay in.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Mick this is our plan. We should have a few days to check out the CG's & get setup once we are in Ft Worth. The Vineyards sounds very nice, however they do not offer monthly rates & at $900+ for daily rates a month we can not afford that. Treetops will not allow us to park our kayak/utility trailer on the property, so they are eliminated from our search.
Has any one stayed at Frontier RV Park? So far they are one of the top parks on our list.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #5

I have never stayed there, but Azle is a all right place. Did you try traders village rv park in Arlington? It is an ok park and your stuff should be ok there. If all else fails, there is always Destiny in Denton for a day or two. But I really think if you could find the name of the park on I35W around Ponder, you would really like it.
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I have never stayed there, but Azle is a all right place. Did you try traders village rv park in Arlington? It is an ok park and your stuff should be ok there. If all else fails, there is always Destiny in Denton for a day or two. But I really think if you could find the name of the park on I35W around Ponder, you would really like it.
Ponder is just a little to far away for my wife to drive everyday when there are other options available. I have emailed or saved the info for several of the rv parks in the Arlington/Mansfield area. Thanks for the suggestions.

It appears that there is no shortage of RV parks in the Ft Worth area. We have our job cut out for us once we arrive.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We settled for a RV park in Alvarado. This is a nice park about 2 miles off of I-35W along Texas 67. The owner is an older man who takes care of & is very proud of his park, he has a couple about our age that manage it for him. He has done several upgrades & planted several trees in the park. Has paved roads & some lots have concrete patios. Some lots are very large, we chose a large lot with a gravel drive & some young & some mature trees.

We were surprised by the amount of rv parks in the Ft Worth area. The internet only lists a fraction of them. Some I would not stay at but none the less they are there. There are parks for everymans budget. Be it high dollar or very low budget. We are in the middle somewhere. We don't require all the amenities, but we do require it to be clean & well maintained. We like some extras like a laundry facility & nice landscape. This park has it all. I will add that it is an adult only park. The park has 3 sections, the one you can see from the road, I think this section is pretty much for the overnighter or a few day stay. The middle section is the newest section with the patios, the the back section is about 12 years old with larger lots. You can not see the back 2 sections from the road, nor can you here any road traffic from there. We are very pleased with our find.

We checked out the Dallas KOA. It was a nice park in the middle of town. We also checked out the park in Azel. It was not what we expected to find. Northlake Village was very nice and could have fit our needs also.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #8

I think you will enjoy Alvarado. Close enough in without being in the urbs or burbs. Having lived in FW and the region for about 25 years, you will find FW to be one of the nicest cities around. Great museums and the Stockyards are fun. Take a ride down Camp Bowie and eat a great meal at Joe T's.
Rappenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I had a few days off and spent them in Alvardo TX. Rode my bicycle on the back roads, 24 miles Tues & 19 miles Wed. Very low traffic & a lot of well marked county back roads. The weather was beautiful, the scenery was nice, the dogs were active & I only got lost once each day. All in all I think I am going to really enjoy our 3 months here.