Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #1

Okay one more time UPS store

I plan on using the UPS store to hold my mail I will be going full-timing and even though I'm still working I do not need my mail forwarded I can pick it up at the UPS store. I asked this question a while back but did not get all the answers I needed so sorry about repeating myself. It's my understanding when using the UPS store you cannot put in a change of address in with your post office you need to call everyone directly and give them your UPS address? What about people like the IRS or New York State tax and Social Security office do they need to be contacted as well just in case they need to send a letter to me? And what happens when you forget to contact someone to let them know you moved and also what happens to all your junk mail such as credit card applications with your name on it? Thanks again
Cola ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I cannot answer your questions about UPS, but I can tell you from other forums that only obvious junk mail will be stopped. Any thing in an envelope with your name on it will be forwarded and it will cost you. This is the reason we asked our oldest daughter if we could use her address for our permanent address. She goes through all our mail and we talk about it over the phone. She is on all our accounts so she can write checks for us and forward any mail that we need to look at. And best of all, it costs us very little. I buy her 100 stamps at a time which she uses to send us stuff and we have automatic debit for all out credit cards, phone bill, etc. For us it works out very well, all in all it about a $150 a month. Way less than any mail forwarding services we looked into. Best of all, ALL the junk mail is round filed.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
It doesn't matter together you pick up your mail or have it sent somewhere - you can put in a change of address to the UPS store - but if later you want to use another address you have to call everyone instead of doing a change of address at the post office. That is because the PMB number you get from the UPS Store is only used by them, not the post office. The PO just sends all customer's mail to the UPS Store and the store sorts it. A change of address would result in all mail sent to the UPS Store being sent to your new address. If you only plan to use the UPS Store for six months or less you can file a TEMPORARY change of address with the PO and your mail will go the UPS Store and when the time is up it will start going back to your old address.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #4

Do you know this from experience because when I called the UPS store they said I cannot put a change of address form in to go to them because everyone there has the same address and all the mail will go to my mailbox
Old 05-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #5

You can put in a change-of-address TO the UPS store but not FROM the UPS store.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #6

Cool thanks you
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #7

I would go by what the UPS store told you. They handle this all the time and all the stores are run differently.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote