Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Walgreens
Yep they are every where very easy to use
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 03:04 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
While I use Walgreens at home, when on the road I pick a location where I expect to stay for a couple of days, choose a pharmacy (often not a chain one), call my doctor's office & have them fill the prescription to the pharmacy. I gave up on refills; transfers between pharmacies often caused problems. My insurance never had a problem with the technique & the nurses at the doctor's office got a kick out of where I was. The doctor's office / insurance has a database of pharmacies all over the US - even in small towns I have not found one that they didn't cover.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #17

Prescriptions for narcotics such as Xanax (Alprazolam) can be difficult. I have my doctor submit a 90-day prescription, with 0 refills, to a nearby pharmacy for wherever I am. That's the best I've found that works. It's a complex mess of federal and state laws that makes things difficult. I've never had a problem with transferring any other prescriptions. And yes, chain store pharmacies work best overall.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:29 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
We have been using Walgreens or CVS for years with no problems. Wal-Mart can be so crazy busy that we rarely use them.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:51 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
You can also use Costco and Sam's Club. Anything controlled by Uncle Sam is available at those locations. Good part is that even includes booze. Check with the manager because most don't know the rules
Old 01-19-2022, 11:07 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Prescriptions on the Road

I’m another Walmart user. I know you said “other than WM”, but the fact is that fully 46% of those who responded to your question so far are regular WM users. It appears that many others don’t share your choice of favorite!
Walgreens, CVS, and Walmart are the big 3 of chain pharmacies. Walmart has a comprehensive, transparent, and reliable online system that we have used for these past ten years without issue. To be fair, I’m sure the other two have good systems as well.
While Walgreens (9300) and CVS (9900) each have nearly twice as many locations as Walmart (4800), I believe Walmart holds the convenience advantage with their full range of groceries and other household merchandise available, the huge number of their locations in small, rural communities and/or very closely located by major highways, and their corporate policy nationwide of generous hospitality toward RVers.
But as to your original question, I’m sure that either of the big 3 or the nail order outfits mentioned will meet your needs quite well.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:25 AM   #21
YC1

I can only get a 30 day supply of two of my medicines and they both require a paper script. and a dr. visit. What a pain (no pun intended) when trying to travel for a length of time. The law has gone way overboard on some issues here unfortunately.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:10 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Prescriptions on the Road

My simple rx refills have always been easy and I use Walmart because they truly are everywhere. Thankfully , I don’t need any controlled narcotics. Control drugs , one’s you can only get a 30 day script for and must get a paper script to renew, are a full time show stopper. A couple folks I knew ended their full time adventures as a result. The rules on this are strict as these are serious narcotics. There has been massive abuse and drug dealer sales involvement. One guy I spoke with a few years ago was considering flying “ home” to his monthly Dr visit and renewal in order to keep full timing Doesn’t seem workable ( and expensive).
Old 01-21-2022, 08:40 AM   #23

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I can only get a 30 day supply of two of my medicines and they both require a paper script. and a dr. visit. What a pain (no pun intended) when trying to travel for a length of time. The law has gone way overboard on some issues here unfortunately.
Yup..same here.. Finally had DR contact a local DR to do a curtesy script for the meds.. Royal PITA.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:00 PM   #24

Great suggestions! What a great group..
Sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:02 AM   #25

As FTers for the past several years we have always had pretty good luck with CVS. Our scripts are filled on a 3 month basis. About every city with a population of 15,000 or more will have a CVS anymore.

I have started having 2 scripts filled by the VA who only does it by mail for 3 months at a time. Not nearly as convenient as just picking them up at the nearest CVS.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:08 AM   #26
Community Moderator

I have prescriptions from the VA and Wal-Mart. I started to use CVS, based on recommendations from others, but Wal-Mart has been easier for me.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:52 PM   #27
jrs

Walmart works for use too in over 2.5yrs of full timing.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:38 PM   #28

For first 4-1/2 years of fulltiming I used Walmart exclusively for refills. Would just use the WM closest to my location/travels. Had to have the Rx transferred from one WM to another but it was an easy process.

Starting this month I am using Amazon Pharmacy. Costs less and they will ship to whatever address we provide. It was easy to set up - and once set up it is very very easy to order Rx and refills. You put in the shipping address you are using at the campground, etc. (similar to ordering from Amazon Prime).
TheBigBus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr