Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #57

Before we went FT we thought of using Wal-Mart or Walgreens but our insurance(OptumRx) seemed to make that impossible.
Consider another question: how are you going to get your mail etc? If your mail goes to a mailing service your Rxs should too I'd think. Ours does but our mailing service / "permanent address" is our son's. Most commercial mailing services would do it too I think. Yeah, you'll need to plan ahead and allow for that delay.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2022, 03:17 PM   #58

WALGREENS.
Have used them all over the US for 16 years. Outstanding service.
No problems ever for us.
Used them today here in SCC.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #59

CVS gets my vote. If your prescription is on file with them, you can get refills in any CVS store anywhere in the country. We've used them for the past 16 years RVing with no problems.

Walmart is another good choice, although a couple of times I have had problems getting prescriptions filled (which is why we switched to CVS!)

Walmart is still our pantry. Usually plenty of parking room for the RV, good selections of the stuff we buy, fair prices, and, at the majority of Walmarts, the ability to stay overnight.
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 03:31 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Walgreens. We have been full timing for 7 years and got coast to coast and north to south, and we have never been more than 40 miles away from a Walgreens.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #61

We use Costco. Just plan ahead when we renew by phone to our home base Costco letting them know where we expect to pickup the Rx than go to the Costco we specified. Never had a problem due to our planning ahead as to where we will be and ordering far enough in advance to insure our Rx's are available.
KJLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:50 PM   #62

Send a message via Skype™ to vermilye
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermilye View Post
While I use Walgreens at home, when on the road I pick a location where I expect to stay for a couple of days, choose a pharmacy (often not a chain one), call my doctor's office & have them fill the prescription to the pharmacy. I gave up on refills; transfers between pharmacies often caused problems. My insurance never had a problem with the technique & the nurses at the doctor's office got a kick out of where I was. The doctor's office / insurance has a database of pharmacies all over the US - even in small towns I have not found one that they didn't cover.
Well, I ran into a snag with this system. I don't know if it is a new NY rule or that my doctor's office just started to enforce it, but they will not fill a prescription if you haven't seen the doctor within 6 months.

The attempt to solve the problem with a Telemed session with the doctor didn't work because the cell data speeds this afternoon here at Quartzsite (both AT&T & Verizon) was so slow that the Telemed session failed. I eventually talked with the doctor over the phone & got the refills.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiZ View Post
CVS or Walgreens. Once it's called in by your doctor you can pick it up in any State.
Well this has not been my experience. Specifically when we were in South Carolina Walgreens instructed me that for pain meds, they would only accept electronic script from my doctor from Washington state. When the pharmacy in Walgreens was closed on Friday due to staffing shortage, I called another store 4 miles away and learned that SC does NOT permit the transfer of opioids between pharmacies ever. So as many here have posted, call ahead and ask lots of questions about what/how/when is needed to occur to get your script filled and then in my case, ask what happens when it all blows up.
Mr. Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:49 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Back in the 80's you could not fill a scrip in a state that that doc was not license to practice in. But that changed.

You should not have to much of an issue as long as the original pharmacy and the pharmacy refilling will work together. CLASS A scripts I don't belive can be refilled by any other pharmacy then the original?? We refilled many times out of states using CVS. Check with your pharmacy. It can take a few hours because the two pharmacies have to talk and check off one of the refills.

We have been taking the same scripts for years. We get them refilled about 10 days early each 90 days. Now we have a surplus of about 90 days. So we're good on refills.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr