Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2022, 08:05 AM   #1

Prescriptions on the Road

We are about to hit the road next year and won't be back to our SB base for many months. Other than Walmart which isn't one of favorite places were do you go to get scripts filled while on the road?

Thanks!
Sullivanclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2022, 08:11 AM   #2

Walgreens
Old 01-19-2022, 08:15 AM   #3

CVS

We're heading to Arizona where we travel from National Parks/Monuments, to State Parks, to bookdocking. I have one med that I only get a 30 day supply, so I go from one CVS to another and it's never taken over 20 minutes to get my prescription. I gave up on Costco, since they could take a couple of hours or more. Since then I've probably gone to 30 or more CVS's and have yet to be delayed.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Walmart for most & Walgreens for several others..[depends on the stores pricing for each.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:23 AM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Walmart, They normally have large enough parking lots & big rig access.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:47 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been using Silver Script and Walmart for over 2 years and have no issues.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:07 AM   #7

WalMart was always our go to. Easy access. Do other shopping while there. They can easily transfer from one to another.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:00 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We use mail order. Either Express Scripts (https://www.express-scripts.com/) or OptumRx (https://www.optumrx.com/public/landing). It's easy to place an order online and have the order shipped to wherever you might be that has USPS mail service.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Stu, we dumped Optum Rx because those clowns could never get the Rx to the right address. Even with a phone call and having them repeat the address, they would still ship our Rx to a past address. Good luck with them.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Stu, we dumped Optum Rx because those clowns could never get the Rx to the right address. Even with a phone call and having them repeat the address, they would still ship our Rx to a past address. Good luck with them.

Ken
We use Optum Rx and always try to stock up before leaving home. On occasion have had to order when traveling and had the same experience... they shipped to our house in spite of the special request call.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 01:21 PM   #11
YC1

Be aware that some prescriptions may not be filled out of state. Even with a paper script in hand. And some scripts have limited windows of filling.

Just saying because I ran into this issue.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:21 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post

Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
We use Optum Rx and always try to stock up before leaving home. On occasion have had to order when traveling and had the same experience... they shipped to our house in spite of the special request call.
Sorry to hear of your difficulties.

We came to OptumRx from Express Scripts more than 2 years ago due to an insurance coverage change. The expected hassle of getting prescriptions moved to OptumRx turned out to be not too difficult.

We request our prescriptions using their online portal which we've found to be reasonably well designed and easy to use. In two years, we've had only one prescription mailed to the wrong address and that was clearly my fault for not changing the shipping address.

I don't recall the last time that I spoke with OptumRx on the phone. Everything we do is through their online portal. It's easy to see the shipping address before completing the order. As I stated, the only time we experienced a mistake in shipment, it was my fault for not changing the shipping address before completing the order.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-19-2022, 02:30 PM   #13

Another vote for CVS.
K Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:38 PM   #14

CVS and Walgreens isn't in every town as you'll be traveling. Bigger towns, yes, but not in smaller country towns where you may be camping. Make sure they're in places you plan to go. WalMarts are everywhere.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr