Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #1

Renew Florida drivers license

The new regulations are much more restrictive than in the past...must use...and prove... a physical address. PO Box not valid as an address. Has anyone had any issue that the physical address of the mail forwarding services not working.
Thanks
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #2

Just did mine on November 29, 2012 with my new mail forwarding address. I used my passport for proof of ID and my bank statement for proof of address. No questions asked. Done in minutes. My forwarding address is a street address with a "unit" number. They'd have to physically go there to know I don't actually live there. A P.O. box is not acceptable.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Lisence renewal

My mail forwarding is in Pensacola. Mail goes to a PO Box. Physical address is a street address. The main reason I asked this question is an experience I had changing voter registration for the last election. I changed from Martin County, Fl. To the Pensacola street address and at the same time requested a absentee ballot. Got a reply from Escambia county that my physical address was a " mail forwarding service" and didn't qualify. Had to change my Martin county address to the address of the supervisor of elections. Got it done...voted. Now hoping the same problem doesn't crop up for the license renewal. Think I'll call the forwarding service to see if any problems have been reported.
Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #4

Renewal

Called the forwarding service and got it solved
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmbrown View Post
Called the forwarding service and got it solved
Solution ????
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #6

Florida drivers license

Change address on MH from mailing to physical....fill out a state form titled
( not exactly sure but close) certification of residency....listing OTHER....make notation of living and traveling in MH you just changed address to.
If you need farther and more complete instructions contact Home Base in Pensacola...they will walk you thru it.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Bandmbrown...
Is your mail forwarding service, American Home Base in Pensacola? If so how satisfied are you with them? We have Texas as our domicile, but we'll be spending a lot more time in Florida in the coming years since our daughter moved there recently. So we think it might be better to change our residency to Florida. I like the idea of cheaper annual vehicle license fees and lack of annual vehicle inspections too. Any other thoughts you can think of I should be aware of?
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #8

Home base

American Home Base is great...never had a problem. Florida does have some interesting laws about voter registration and drivers license. Most center around having a non-PO box address. American home base provides you with one but I'd talk to them prior to setting up my account. Might want to have several bank statements sent to the physical address rather than the PO box....they will know the answer. Not a huge problem...just something to be aware of. Be sure to ask about voter registration.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the quick answer. We're heading that way next month and will stop and talk with them.

By the way, what about Vehicle Insurance Rates, in particular for a motorhome? When we changed our homebase from Colorado to Texas I was shocked at how much more the insurance was for the motorhome. For that matter our medical insurance went up a pretty good jump to.

I called my insurance companies, both medial and vehicle to find out, and they won't give that information. I guess it's to difficult based on to many parameters to look it up just for information purposed.

So this is just one more thing to check on when choosing or changing your home base.

Any ideas, would sure be appreciated.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #10

Drivers license

The panhandle of Florida has much cheaper insurance rates than our previous home in southeast Florida...both vehicle and health
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #11

If you are having a problem with address we use the UPS store it and be used as street address for you do not use P.O. Box instead you like 1234 north "I" street A-237, town, state. Like the one guy said unless they went there to check they never know. We have never had any problem with mail forwarding for they have stores all over the US. We need a street for our DMV as well.
The 3 Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #12

Florid drivers license

The problem isn't with the address...it's the proof necessary to use the address. Phone bill, utility bill, tax statement....etc. Non apply to our full time situation. Bank statements and insurance stuff will work but I didn't plan far enough ahead to change these to the physical address.
Not difficult just requires some planning if you use only PO Box. You can find the requirements on line.

Tags
florida