Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Geico called last year after change to sd pmb and asked where our Rv would be kept most often. I used a # before the number but their computer caught it. I gave them a Air Force base storage space number. Seemed to make her happy.
If you have fulltime insurance thru GEICO then they understand that your "garaged address" is your mail forward service. If you have an issue call the RV dept ONLY and make sure they transfer you to an agent licensed in SD. 8 years ago we were GEICO second fulltime insurance customer. You do not want different address attached to your insurance
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
If you have fulltime insurance thru GEICO then they understand that your "garaged address" is your mail forward service. If you have an issue call the RV dept ONLY and make sure they transfer you to an agent licensed in SD. 8 years ago we were GEICO second fulltime insurance customer. You do not want different address attached to your insurance
That's what we have also. They know we fulltime. In all of our dealings we are up front of what type of address we have. Sometimes it takes longer for them to wrap there head around the concept, but if there a large company they have no doubt already run into this many times.

It's best to be on the up and up when it comes to filling out legal papers. I don't want any surprises if when I need to file a claim, or anything else. I'm good, and I have no worries.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kend51 View Post
What mail forwarding service are you using?
Thanks
America's Mailbox out of Box Elder, SD. It's the town just East of Rapid City. I think there expensive, but nice folks. The lady that does the vehicle licensing is super friendly, and extremely helpful. In person and on the phone. Now if you go with them make sure you tell them I sent you. :-)
RVM #104
Old 06-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just left Cabela's in Mitchell SD - no problem with PMB from Sioux Falls - Dakota Post for a in state / resident fishing license.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1434644488802.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	97620   Click image for larger version

Name:	1434644508136.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	97621  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1434644552514.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	97622  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #19

Thanks
I'll have to make sure they have it right. Rv is in storage now as we are on vacation from vacation in Bavaria Germany. The plane ticket price was the same for three weeks or three years.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmoeturhead View Post
America's Mailbox out of Box Elder, SD. It's the town just East of Rapid City. I think there expensive, but nice folks. The lady that does the vehicle licensing is super friendly, and extremely helpful. In person and on the phone. Now if you go with them make sure you tell them I sent you. :-)
Thanks. That is who I had planned on going with next year when we hit the road full time.
Is that who the escapees are using in SD?
Old 06-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #21

We have used MyDakotaAdddress in Madison for over 8 years. Terri us dynamite at her job. Post office across street so mail goes out same day. She has handled numerous transactions for us. Always gets our annual tags. Even took care of filling out all paper work for car and MH when we traded up last year.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
We are full timing with mail forwarding and residence of S.D. Retired USMC, ranch work in Texas and Montana, guided Elk hunters in Colorado and Montana, never had so much as a traffic ticket! Because we don't own property in S.D. I can not buy a handgun. Is it too much for the ATF to work this law on a case by case basis?
Gsgarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsgarland View Post
We are full timing with mail forwarding and residence of S.D. Retired USMC, ranch work in Texas and Montana, guided Elk hunters in Colorado and Montana, never had so much as a traffic ticket! Because we don't own property in S.D. I can not buy a handgun. Is it too much for the ATF to work this law on a case by case basis?

You have to own property in S.D. before you can buy a gun? Thats crazy.
RVM #104
Old 08-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #24

still denied, even to purchase rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmoeturhead View Post
I've had ZERO problems with our SD pmb address. I bought a new truck, and trailer with that address, got a passport, and even a new rifle with no problems. I haven't tried a SD fishing license yet though.
Here in Rapid City, I have been denied at two locations to purchase a rifle. Due to the pmb issue.

So if you have a pmb I guess we don't have any 2nd amendment rights.
wdriskel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
What if you already own guns? Is there any problem with getting a Concealed Carry permit in SD?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Joe,
Call SD. I have heard various stories from RV'ers and the PMB owners. No two alike.

Good Luck!
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
What about driver's license in SD, do they require a CDL for MH's?

I just found this info on their DMV site.

Who Does Not Need A South Dakota Commercial Driver License?

Operators serving in the United States military, operating commercial vehicles in pursuit of military purposes.

Operators of emergency firefighting equipment necessary to the preservation of life, property, or the execution of emergency governmental functions performed under emergency conditions that aren’t subject to normal traffic regulation.

Operators of rental transporting equipment used as personal family use vehicles.

Operators of recreation vehicles used as personal family recreational use vehicles.

Operators involved in farm to market transportation movements, at least 18 years of age holding a valid operator’s license, limited to those operators of a farm vehicle:
(a)
Controlled and operated by a farmer,
(b)
Used to transport either agricultural products, farm machinery, or farm supplies
to or from a farm, and
(c)
Not used in the operations of a common or contract motor carrier,
(d)
Used within 150 miles of a person’s farm.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:56 PM   #28

No CDL needed in SD for an Rv.
RVM #104