Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
I did see something resembling some empty lots bordered by vegetation in ocean shores WA, south of the city.
No place is perfect but some are better than others. Here's a good read:

https://mil.wa.gov/asset/5ba420a3c9031
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
No place is perfect but some are better than others. Here's a good read:

https://mil.wa.gov/asset/5ba420a3c9031

Ya I guess tsunamis are definitely a risk. Something worth considering.
Old 05-11-2020, 03:20 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TJFogelberg in post 8 spoke of Hidden Valley, I have property in Leisure Valley, a sister park. here is a zillow link on the area. Lots from ~$8k up to Brick homes >$3ooK

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...=addresssearch

Martin Valley Ranch - Mission, TX

I have no property for sale.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:43 PM   #32

Quote:
.....there really are no rules and everyone does it different due to different desires, goals, finances etc. I did see something resembling some empty lots bordered by vegetation in ocean shores WA, south of the city. Is that where you have a lot? What are the financials of this? thanks
And how you do things change with time.

My lot is on the corner of Harbor View Loop and Harbor Ct. It is surrounded by trees and open in the middle. You can walk down the street and not notice the MH but can see out just fine.

Some people cut down all the trees and plant what they like. Lots on the water are more expensive. My property taxes are $250/yr. Lots with power, water, and sewer reflect the cost of adding such things. I had planned on doing this but I may not be spending as much time as I like. Again!
Old 05-14-2020, 04:03 PM   #33

Name on list

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkf View Post
Yes Escapees has lots to acquire it’s a co op every 3 months you pay a maintenance fee and every month you pay for electric. It requires a deposit which you get back at the time that you leave permanently.
That is once you're name is called from a list you sign onto as soon as you paid your deposit to get on that list. Some folks wait years before being called to purchase a lot.
ABRootless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRootless View Post
That is once you're name is called from a list you sign onto as soon as you paid your deposit to get on that list. Some folks wait years before being called to purchase a lot.
You can also drop off the list at anytime and get the deposit back. Escapees also has some leased site at their Rainbow parks, shorter lists and all liability is to Escapees and not members like it is at a Co-op. We just got on a few of the lists.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #35

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Ya I guess tsunamis are definitely a risk. Something worth considering.

Some are perfect but others are “more perfect”.

...I think (my opinion folks) it’s ALL about “where you are when”...a take on the Robert Massey video and purposeful “corporate presentation” I heard years ago...”You are...what you were when” ...unbelievably impactful to me on a personal level.

Latter day version from Malcolm Baldridge... ”wherever you go, there you are...”
Old 05-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #36

Arrowhead RV Resort, deeded lots, located in Blairsville GA 30512. Good Luck!
Ralph
rlcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #37

Anyone just buy a piece of land? Not fulltiming yet but was thinking of having a place I would spend 1-2 months out the year at and slowly improve the property in downtime. Maybe build a small barn/shed or even cabin......
nzi95001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:06 PM   #38

I've been looking for unrestricted rv land (that I can afford) for two years. I just found several lots in the deep south this week with owner financing.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:19 AM   #39

Quartzsite AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzi95001 View Post
Anyone just buy a piece of land? Not fulltiming yet but was thinking of having a place I would spend 1-2 months out the year at and slowly improve the property in downtime. Maybe build a small barn/shed or even cabin......
A buddy and I have gone together and purchased a double RV Lot in Quartzsite, AZ. 50'X100', full hook ups and a storage shed for $24,000. HOA and Utilities are around $120.00 per month. We are planning to build a garage/casita at some point. The entire lot is flat and usable, streets are paved and neighbors are friendly. Quartzsite gets a bit warm in the summer months, but we are usually on the road somewhere during that time. Winter months are mild and I enjoy wearing a tee shirt in the day time and a light sweatshirt in the evening. Quartzsite is an RVers gathering place in the winter, lots of people watching, things to see and do and many of us enjoy exploring with our ATVs or Jeeps. January is a bit crazy with the big RV/Outdoor Show, but again lots to see and do and I enjoy meeting up with old friends and meeting new ones. Just my two cents worth. JH
micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:04 AM   #40

RV Lots

There are may resources for finding RV Lots for sale
https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/showcat.php?cat=20

Family Motor Coach has classified adds also.

Another option is Land with an RV port (garage).

The coolest one I have seen is on Lock Lane in More Haven Fl.
Their are actually two side by side, both face the Caloosahatchee river with the Core of Engineers maintaining the property across the road between Lock Lane and the river. The Ortona Lock is at the end of Lock Lane. The first one has a swimming pool in side the building and the RV garage on the right.

The only down side is Lock Lane is very rural, long drive to town. LaBelle FL
craigbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:06 AM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbenoit View Post
There are may resources for finding RV Lots for sale
https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/showcat.php?cat=20

Family Motor Coach has classified adds also.

Another option is Land with an RV port (garage).

The coolest one I have seen is on Lock Lane in More Haven Fl.
Their are actually two side by side, both face the Caloosahatchee river with the Core of Engineers maintaining the property across the road between Lock Lane and the river. The Ortona Lock is at the end of Lock Lane. The first one has a swimming pool in side the building and the RV garage on the right.

The only down side is Lock Lane is very rural, long drive to town. LaBelle FL
Do they have bugs in Florida???..................Asking for a friend
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:17 AM   #42

Before you join Thousand Trails, check out this video.
If you look at his videos from a year ago, you will notice the change in his attitude.
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote