Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2020, 07:51 PM   #43

Small lots with full hookups

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenk View Post
So we just began a full time rv lifestyle beginning of March. We've fortunately sold our house, and am staying at TT as they have graciously let us stay here through May. After that who knows, we'll probably resume our plan of heading east to SD to establish our domicile.
But all of this pandemic stuff has got me thinking of purchasing a small, cheap place to put our rv, not necessarily and structure, with full hookups, to have somewhere to park and lay low for however long we need or want. Anybody know of such a thing? I know Thousand Trails has "owned" sites, which I'm going to ask about, but does anyone know of such properties or groups of properties in existence? Thanks.
Try Silver Palms RV Resort, Okeechobee, Florida, (863)532-7043, silverpalmsRV.com
gillistd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2020, 06:22 AM   #44

Bugs in fl !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Do they have bugs in Florida???..................Asking for a friend
On occasion their are a few. {:~)

That picture is from the spring of 2019, Love Bug season. We returned from Pine Grove - Jonathan Dickinson State Park after a 2 week stay, the last 50 miles around lake Okeechobee was incredible.

This year we are sheltering in place during Love Bug season. The rest of the nation is sheltering in place because of COVID-19.
craigbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:15 AM   #45

Love bugs appear every year in Florida in late August/early September and late April/early May. They disappear after several weeks. The mosquitoes are horrible in the summer, especially after several days of rain.
gillistd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #46

.... I'll always remember the HUGE spiders who actually locked us in our RV. Overnight they spun their webs around our awning/door area. That was the last year we tried Florida. We love the West.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaB View Post
Before you join Thousand Trails, check out this video.
If you look at his videos from a year ago, you will notice the change in his attitude.
Well I can only speak for myself, but thousand trails has saved our hide in this pandemic. What he failed to mention that if you were already IN the parks, they let you stay indefinitely, again I can only speak for ourselves and the park we are at. We have been here since mid-march and staying for FREE (besides our membership buy-in of course). Also, we are paying 0$ per month. His situation seems to be where he financed his purchase of an $8000 membership, hence the monthly fee. Even if we did pay the annual maintenance fee of $545, it would be $45 monthly for us. Also a little tip, you can go through Campground Membership Outlet and get a membership second hand for about half the price he quoted. Ours was $4450 for an elite membership. So I'm not sure what financial arrangement he has but it seems financed, and perhaps he should contact the finance company (if indeed it's different than TT, I have no idea).
And about the part where they have NO financial incentive, this is just a rant, and smacks a bit childish. In the park we are at, it is half empty, and TT would surely love to be taking reservations right now. Lots of revenue out the window for non-member reservations.
And lastly, I'm not sure the date of this video, but we were told on 5/6 that we could make reservations, and have. We have booked for 5/31 to move north to another TT park. So this video may be old. The comment that they are not going to be open this year is just way out of left field. I unsubscribed to this person months ago because of the childishness of the attitude at times.
However, if we were caught outside the system, I too would be frustrated, but given the situation, I think they are just trying to abide by the federal orders and not give incentive for people moving around. I for one am glad they did not allow new people in the park for a while, it may have prevented spreading. I get it. We had to cancel our plans to move east as well. It is what it is, and ranting on a youtube video is not going to solve it. I kind of like the fact this may turn somebody off from buying a membership, less competition for reservations .
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #48

Also check this

I am glad they did not let him in to any parks
Old 05-21-2020, 07:16 AM   #49

[QUOTE=drjenk;5271226]Well I can only speak for myself, but thousand trails has saved our hide in this pandemic. What he failed to mention that if you were already IN the parks, they let you stay indefinitely, again I can only speak for ourselves and the park we are at. We have been here since mid-march and staying for FREE (besides our membership buy-in of course).

Thanks for telling your experience with Thousand Trails. I had been thinking of joining TT and felt his original video of his research before buying in was very informative. I think that he is too hung up on going east because of his You Tube channel. Who would want to watch someone staying in place for a month or more.
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 PM   #50

This has been very informative. I do like the idea of just buying some property and improving over time. But those shyrock lots do look attractive as well, kind of a turn key solution. And the link someone posted for NE WA.
Since starting this thread we have put down some money on the escapees park in Port Townsend WA. It is fully refundable, and do plan on visiting the one in Oregon, and the ones in AZ when we get there next year. We may decide that route but I do like a bit more space between the lots and privacy, but while still having neighbors/neighborhood.