Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

Small lot with full hookups

So we just began a full time rv lifestyle beginning of March. We've fortunately sold our house, and am staying at TT as they have graciously let us stay here through May. After that who knows, we'll probably resume our plan of heading east to SD to establish our domicile.
But all of this pandemic stuff has got me thinking of purchasing a small, cheap place to put our rv, not necessarily and structure, with full hookups, to have somewhere to park and lay low for however long we need or want. Anybody know of such a thing? I know Thousand Trails has "owned" sites, which I'm going to ask about, but does anyone know of such properties or groups of properties in existence? Thanks.
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #2

Escapees have COOP parks that has sites that are owned by individuals. You'd have to find one with an open site. And be an Escapee.

There are any number of private parks that sell lots.

But none of these will be 'cheap'. Cheap is finding a piece of recreational land out west in certain states and putting utilities in for the RV. And that isn't all that cheap either. Cheap is living off grid.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
rkf

Yes Escapees has lots to acquire it’s a co op every 3 months you pay a maintenance fee and every month you pay for electric. It requires a deposit which you get back at the time that you leave permanently.
rkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
NE Washington along some of the lakes. Lakee FDR has 1/2 Acre and up properties.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Check this out:" http://www.skpsaguaro.org/index.html" We have a lot here. It's a great place. When things open up, come and spend a week.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:07 PM   #6

Is the lot less than $3500?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:25 AM   #7

Pathfinder Village in Hinckley MN has deeded lots. $10-$15K w holding tank. No sewer. Low taxes and annual maintenance. Large park (1600 sites). 90 minutes from Duluth. A bit farther from Twin Cities. Open year round but water off during winter months. The park had a golf course, pool, and adjacent to St Croix State Park. Nearest WM supercenter is Pine City MN 25 m. 50 AMP service avail.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #8

Another good option is Hidden Valley Ranch in Mission TX if you want cheap. I think the pandemic crisis points toward having some type of a home base where one can go and feel safe and comfortable. (We're keeping our townhome. Not FT but considered trying it so looked around at options).
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper25 View Post
Is the lot less than $3500?
You get a lifetime lease. Entire price is returned when you give up lease. Depending on value of leasehold improvements, the cost can range from $11,500 to 65,000.

There are 299 leased lots and a waiting list of 347.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
Check this out:" http://www.skpsaguaro.org/index.html" We have a lot here. It's a great place. When things open up, come and spend a week.

Just an FYI for folks interested...we’re on the “hot list” at this particular park and it is in fact a great place.
We were #119 “in line to buy” as of two weeks ago...signed up in 2016...and we were #278 at that time. Simple math goes to show some SKP coop parks are VERY popular and not something you can “quickly” grab on to.
We’ll bide our time and hope things move as expected.
We were told an average of 5 years to get a purchase opportunity. The odds are it’ll be 6 (or more).
I highly recommend trying any & all SKP coop parks when things open up - ‘birds of a feather” they say...
Old 05-07-2020, 12:14 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajones View Post
Just an FYI for folks interested...we’re on the “hot list” at this particular park and it is in fact a great place.
We were #119 “in line to buy” as of two weeks ago...signed up in 2016...and we were #278 at that time. Simple math goes to show some SKP coop parks are VERY popular and not something you can “quickly” grab on to.
We’ll bide our time and hope things move as expected.
We were told an average of 5 years to get a purchase opportunity. The odds are it’ll be 6 (or more).
I highly recommend trying any & all SKP coop parks when things open up - ‘birds of a feather” they say...
I hope you're aware that you don't have to be #1 to get a lot. Many have gotten one in the 200's. Some people just aren't ready to settle down so they pass up an available lot. If you're ready, I'd recommend you start calling in on the Saturday when a lot is available. You may get lucky! It doesn't have to be the perfect lot for you. Once you're in it's a lot easier to move around to get a favorite.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:47 AM   #12

I've looked for an affordable RV lot for three years... but simply can't afford one of the expensive deals.

I just found the perfect RV lots yesterday and will post more info as soon as I get my paperwork signed.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:47 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I hope you're aware that you don't have to be #1 to get a lot. Many have gotten one in the 200's. Some people just aren't ready to settle down so they pass up an available lot. If you're ready, I'd recommend you start calling in on the Saturday when a lot is available. You may get lucky! It doesn't have to be the perfect lot for you. Once you're in it's a lot easier to move around to get a favorite.

Yes, I’m aware, but a slacker on watching the web site and calling. I will start paying closer attention. I think we covered some of the finer points of getting a lot when we had our “tour” but you know how that goes...
Thanks for reminding me!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stajones View Post
Yes, I’m aware, but a slacker on watching the web site and calling. I will start paying closer attention. I think we covered some of the finer points of getting a lot when we had our “tour” but you know how that goes...
Thanks for reminding me!
Since you're #119 you have a very good chance of getting a site this summer if you're ready to do it and can be satisfied with whatever one comes up. Summer is a good time to call in. Folks are traveling and it's not on their mind. Set a reminder!! #103 got the last lot!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote