Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks so much for the reply! We are headed that way today and trying to decide where to stay. We’ll call to check rates and open spaces. We are also checking on Canyon Lake RV. Do you know?
kcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #30

What is wrong with the cool weather?

I walked my 5 miles this morning, -27°F with a slight W breeze so it gave us a -47°F windchill. It is not too bad, but I have to live with it and so I dress warm and suck it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cold.png
Views:	60
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	317799  
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #31

Monday night it's supposed to get down to 27 degrees in McAllen.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I walked my 5 miles this morning, -27°F with a slight W breeze so it gave us a -47°F windchill. It is not too bad, but I have to live with it and so I dress warm and suck it up.
It took me far too long to figure out that I DON'T have to live with it, and I cannot believe that, all those years, I too just sucked it up and ignored that people south of me were getting sunburned and hauling sheepsheads into their kayaks for dinner while I was trying to figure out how long I had to drive before the frozen-in-place flat spots on my tires would stop going bang-bang-bang down the road.

All those frozen years . . .

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #33

Evergreen Owners Club
This is our first year full timing. Due to Covid we are in DFW area instead of south Texas. Next five days the high will be in the 20s with lows in single digits. Our plan was to be on the coast. Learning quickly things don't work as well below freezing. Mc Allen would be my preference.
Buzzman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman60 View Post
This is our first year full timing. Due to Covid we are in DFW area instead of south Texas. Next five days the high will be in the 20s with lows in single digits. Our plan was to be on the coast. Learning quickly things don't work as well below freezing. Mc Allen would be my preference.
Why is Covid keeping you from heading south?
Old 02-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Camron county rv park South Padre Island, right across from the new spacex launch site at Boca Chica. https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0738...1!1e3?hl=en-US

It's warm there too!
Old 02-12-2021, 07:57 AM   #36

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrocharlie View Post
Camron county rv park South Padre Island, right across from the new spacex launch site at Boca Chica. https://www.google.com/maps/@26.0738...1!1e3?hl=en-US

It's warm there too!
Yup forecasting high 30's for lows Sun/Mon, just 20 miles east will have lows in the mid 20's
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:14 AM   #37

It's Cameron County, and the park is called Isla Blanca. As the crow flies its 2 miles to Space-X, but 40 miles if you drive. Also its pretty expensive, 60/night, 800/month.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:20 AM   #38

Following,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
We spent January and February a few years ago at the Isla Blanca county park on South Padre Island right across the bridge from Port Isabell. The park is nice, but the wind blows constantly, and even our tail pipe rusted! Our friends who winter in Port Isabel kept saying that the weather was very unusual - cool, overcast, raining most days - but that didn't help us enjoy the area!
2019 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2702 - our cute little thing NKK#19080
bakntep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #40

You might try places in the Valley. Down around Uvalde. Only just not right now. There is a freak cold blast in place right now. After the 16th or 17th it will be back in the 60s and 70s. I wish I could go there. I know there are lots of Rv Parks that fit your description. Cousins went there every year until last year when they decided it was time to quit Rving and went back to their S&B. Good luck.
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 02:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
It took me far too long to figure out that I DON'T have to live with it, and I cannot believe that, all those years, I too just sucked it up and ignored that people south of me were getting sunburned and hauling sheepsheads into their kayaks for dinner while I was trying to figure out how long I had to drive before the frozen-in-place flat spots on my tires would stop going bang-bang-bang down the road.

All those frozen years . . .
Ha! We're just figuring it out, sorta. We live in NW WI, used to live in N Mn. For the last week and a half we've had -20s and -30s lows, below zero highs. Too cold to snowmobile!

We're heading to Gulf Shores in 2 weeks. Last year it was in the 80s all month. Next year we'll be there Feb and March or so.

But Corpus Christi is nice and warm. Seemed like San Antonio and south. Heck, Dallas gets snow. I've been in the white stuff for almost 60yrs. Enough!
LifeSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #42

Hummingbird Cove

Try hummingbirdcovervpark.com
Sounds like it would work for you.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas, winter