Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2021, 03:07 PM   #43

We’ve been in Southwest Florida for two weeks. Temperatures in the 80s. Come on over!
MommaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2021, 03:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
I tried Quartzsite this December and January. Too cold. This Minnesota boy isn't looking to escape frigid winters by going somewhere with 35 degree nights. Quartzsite will be my February-March place next year. As February starts, the weather is just now getting to what I was searching for when I came down here.

So I need to find the right region in Texas for December and January, hopefully by the coast (but not the wind-blown sea salt.)

I know boondocking spots are going to be few and far between, and so I'm thinking I'll hunker down in some small RV park where I can head out to kayak-fish, walk, explore, etc., for two months. Looking for somewhere (if possible) with daytime highs in the 70's-80's-low 90's. (Also looking for an area where people aren't going to look down on my old but beautiful 1993 C - none of those hoity-toity locales).

Any basic regional recommendations?

Thanks for any help you can give to me.
We did Texas down in Rockport, January to February several years back and was very disappointed with the temperatures as well as the lack of sunshine. We found it so bad we left 2 weeks early and headed east to Pensacola Beach Fl. It was somewhat warmer and way more sunny, but we have since learn that in those months you have to be south of Tampa Fl to have reasonably warm weather consistently at that time.
Cqyqte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #45

Presidio Texas

A great Texas town Presido. It’s right on the Rio Grand river. Small town on Mexico border. Outside town is a great RV Park, La Paloma Golf Resort and RV Park($23 dollars a night).
Davidsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:18 PM   #46

Any problems expected along the border these days?
Lineka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #47

Weather

Quote:
I tried Quartzsite this December and January. Too cold. This Minnesota boy isn't looking to escape frigid winters by going somewhere with 35 degree nights. Quartzsite will be my February-March place next year. As February starts, the weather is just now getting to what I was searching for when I came down

If you can go ten degrees cooler than your target then east Texas may work. Not beachfront but lakes and campgrounds they are in excess. Most are federal, state or municipally owned. With a senior discount, I typically pay 10 to 14 dollars/night (30/50 amp & water).

True, they do have maximum stay, but that time of the year, they are empty, I have stayed for up to two months at a time.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #48

Temps in the single digits in central tx this week. Freakish for this area.
Check out Brownsville area . Wx is almost tropical. Hundreds of thousands of Winter Texans there.
Charlesland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #49

Yes. Way in south Texas
mrhardrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #50

Ssssshhhh! Quit telling people the secrets of RGV or more people will come! Started coming in '15. We stay between McAllen and Harlingen along the US 83 I-2 corridor in combination RV / single & double wide Mobile parks. Typically Branson groups come for winter concerts, many local dances, Mariachi bands too, history, culture, lots of activities in most parks, reasonable RV wash/wax rates, shopping is no problem, flea markets, bird watching, easy drive to S Padre, Rio Reds are the best grapefruit ever. Usually windy but that means no bug bites. Chain restaurants galore and, even better, many good TexMex locals. Weather changes with typically cool/cold for a couple days before warm front pushes it back N. This week's extreme artic blast will dip to the valley likely hurting the citrus industry, but temps will recover fast. First hard freeze I've seen here over the 6 years. Last week A/C on even at night, today heat pumps running hard.

So find some other place to winter and leave my paradise for me. 😎. If you want constant heat, you won't find it here, but I prefer days being varied. If I don't like the weather, in a couple of days it will be different. FWIW
TXduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:40 PM   #51

Wow. Brownsville, TX and all of Texas is getting a once in a blue moon cold snap. 39F day, 25F night, and 42F day, 28F at night! This is for tonight and tomorrow. Then it warms up. I would take two days of this vs an entire winter.
mlpeloquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:47 PM   #52

Re: South Texas Big Bend NP. About as far S as you can get in Texas. It froze there a few years ago on our visit. We're in Southern AZ and the high today was 67° overnight low: 42°
Old 02-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #53

Go to South Florida, anywhere south of Tampa. It's been in the 80's most of the time here since November. I'm a cool weather person so it's a bit warm for me but I'm from Michigan so no snow and cold temps are no fun at all.
kssme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSalt View Post
Too cold to snowmobile!
I always thought that was an impossibility.

Then I took a sled trip up to Kabetogama.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:52 PM   #55

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
I tried Quartzsite this December and January. Too cold. This Minnesota boy isn't looking to escape frigid winters by going somewhere with 35 degree nights. Quartzsite will be my February-March place next year. As February starts, the weather is just now getting to what I was searching for when I came down here.

So I need to find the right region in Texas for December and January, hopefully by the coast (but not the wind-blown sea salt.)

I know boondocking spots are going to be few and far between, and so I'm thinking I'll hunker down in some small RV park where I can head out to kayak-fish, walk, explore, etc., for two months. Looking for somewhere (if possible) with daytime highs in the 70's-80's-low 90's. (Also looking for an area where people aren't going to look down on my old but beautiful 1993 C - none of those hoity-toity locales).

Any basic regional recommendations?

Have you ever heard of Florida?
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:57 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical36 View Post
Have you ever heard of Florida?
I'll be there in a condo for March, but several months in a coastal Florida RV park is above my pay grade, I think.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas, winter