Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #43

Talking South dakotaninsurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRedWolf View Post
Whether you're over OR under 65, South Dakota health insurance is much cheaper than other states (for instance Florida, which has a much larger proportion of old, sick people!).

South Dakota's entire population is under a million, and a much greater percent of this is young healthy people (or old healthy ranchers with hearty pioneer ancestors).

When you have a legal South Dakota address (ours is with Americas Mailbox in the Rapid City area) you qualify for the cheap South Dakota rates.
When we tried to change from Florida to South Dakota my car tags went from $60 to $250 and my ins went up $300. I'll keep fl.
roaming nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaming nana View Post
When we tried to change from Florida to South Dakota my car tags went from $60 to $250 and my ins went up $300. I'll keep fl.
Because of hurricanes, FL and TX has pretty high insurance. South Dakota doesn't have hurricanes...that's why they are often much less expensive.

Oftentimes, folks will see their insurance rates go up because they don't realize that insurance companies use credit scores, accident records and even location. Also, that person may have had the insurance for a long time and the insurance company hasn't raised their rates on them but when the policy changes, all bets are off. Another thing that matters a lot in pricing is you must give the insurance agent your social security number so that they can run your credit report. If you do not, then you are automatically placed in the very highest and expensive pool.

AND...sometimes when people are thinking about being an RVer, they don't realize that the rate they pay on the insurance when the RV is tied to their homeowners is going to be quite different when they sell the house and they get insurance on the RV by itself. It also matters what the insurance company is. State Farm and Allstate for example have priced themselves out of the market in SD.

I guess what I'm saying is there are many variables.

As to your car tags...that just doesn't make sense. My Saturn costs me $39...a long way from $250. I've also got a Ford F350 Dually...that heavy truck only costs me $59. Even a brand new F350 would run only about $80 +/- in SD.

I certainly hope you don't take this insulting in any way because I don't mean it that way at all but it sounds like you maybe just got some bad advice from someone.
DonRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #45

I use Americas Mailbox in Box Elder SD. Very helpful personnel and outstanding service.
Americas-Mailbox Home - mail forwarding - Americas-Mailbox
gbaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #46

Escapees has the largest mail forwarding in USA (other than Military).
I tried others but when they make errors like forgetting to send or getting other person mail, it is discouraging.
Escapees is the BEST, been with them for 8 years with NO mistakes.
I use my name with the 5 numbers behind the Rainbow Dr address.
ie:
204 Rainbow Dr.12345
Livingston, TX 77399
I have had no problem ordering stuff or residence problems (Texas)
Try them, you will be very pleased.
Not only do they have the best mail forwarding, they are the best organization to represent the RV life style. Most of the rest cater to their advertisers.
N5SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #47

JB Mailroom

No problems with the service (NV)
Pebbles bam is offline   Reply With Quote